2. The information on the UB website is provided for the purpose of publicizing the activities and services of the University. The UB works to ensure that the information and services that appear on the UB website have the necessary integrity and that they are accurate, up-to-date, accessible and usable. In this respect, users should take note of the last modified date indicated in each case. The information offered on the UB website is not intended to contravene any of the requirements laid down in applicable laws, general provisions or administrative acts that must be formally published in newspapers, official bulletins or any system established by the University itself.
3. This website and all of its contents, including the texts, images, sound recordings, databases, code and any other material, are the property of the UB or third parties who have authorized their use by the institution. All of this material is subject to the current legislation on intellectual property. The respective owners reserve their right to take appropriate legal action to redress any harm or damage caused by any act that infringes upon their intellectual property rights over the contents.
4. The UB reserves the right to modify and update its website at any time and without prior notice.
5. The UB publishes the images of people who appear on the website in full recognition of their rights to their own image. The images are used exclusively for the purpose of creating graphic files or videos to report or publicize the UB’s activity. In no case shall they be used for other purposes or given to third parties without the necessary authorization.
6. The UB has implemented the security measures needed to keep its website and servers free of malware. Secure access to the website (such as in the case of intranets) is provided through the HTTPS protocol.
7. The UB website provides hyperlinks to the University of Barcelona’s profiles in Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc., in order to advertise the UB’s presence in these social networks. Once users access these social networks, they are subject to the policies established by each service.
8. The UB enables users to receive news published on its website via RSS feeds.
9. Any dispute involving the UB website shall be conducted in the courts and tribunals of Barcelona, expressly waiving any other jurisdiction.
Personal data protection
The treatment of any personal data provided by users of the website is subject to the provisions of the regulations on personal data protection. However, the UB website is not a publicly accessible source as stipulated by the regulations.