The Spanish university master’s degrees are officially recognized in Spain and in Europe as degrees that have been regulated by the directives of the EHEA. Their public prices are regulated by the Catalan government (Generalitat de Catalunya).

For all specific information regarding how to apply for the University of Barcelona’s Masters programs please visit the following page: Here


Students making individual applications

Applicants must


Recommended deadlines

  • be studying an undergraduate degree course at their own university or higher education institution at the time when they make the online application form
  • be studying courses similar to those chosen for study at the UB
  • have sufficient knowledge of Catalan and/or Spanish to be able to follow classes at the UB

The following documents should be sent by mail to the Manager of International Mobility at the faculty or schoolwhere you wish to study:

  • two printed copies of your online application form for admission signed by your tutor at your home university
  • a letter of recommendation signed by a member of staff from your home university
  • an original document and translation in either Catalan or Spanish listing the subjects you have studied at university and the grades awarded (note that this document does not have to be translated by a sworn translator)
  • the curriculum of the degree being studied at your home university (original document and translation, as
  • a document accrediting an intermediate level of Spanish language (equivalent to the B1 level of the European Union’s Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEF or CEFR)
  • Economics and Business Science: accrediting an level B2 of English language of the European Union’s Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and A2 in Spanish or Catalan. More information
  • 2 passport-sized photographs

NOTE: If you are applying to study at the Faculty of Fine Arts, then you must also send a portfolio, in DIN A4 format with samples of the work you have completed.

If you have any institutional support for enrolment fees, either in part or in full, you must submit the documents attesting to this.

You should send the documents listed above to your intended faculty or school at the UB no later than:

  • June 15th (students planning to study during the Fall semester or the full academic year)
  • November 16th (students planning to study in the Spring semester)

The Head of International Exchanges at the faculty or school where you wish to study will contact you formally to confirm whether or not you have been accepted.

Remember to visit our webpage Before arriving at the UB to consult the check-list of what you will need to do to live and study in Barcelona.