The Department of Theory and History of Education teaching for the following areas of knowledge:
- Educational theory, philosophy and anthropology of education, etc..
- History of educational thought and educational practice.
- Pedagogical axiology, values in education, citizenship, participation, multiculturalism, etc..
- Virtual learning, technologies in education, etc..
- Education systems and international education, educational policy, economics of education, etc..
- Non-formal education, socio-cultural, leisure, adult education, etc..
- Education and social inclusion.
- Social movements, alternative globalization, sustainable development, environmental education, etc.