The objective of this master's degree is to reinforce the training participants will have had in the principles, methodology and techniques employed by research groups working in the field of Earth Sciences, placing emphasis in the following areas:
· To equip participants with the highly qualified professional profile demanded by companies working in natural resource analysis, in applied geology in the construction of infrastructures and in geological environmental management.
· To improve participants' understanding of methodology for the purposes of research in the analysis and modelling of geological reservoirs and structural systems.
· To reinforce participants' knowledge of geological materials and structures and to provide practice in the characterisation and modelling of risk-generating physical phenomena.
· To support all training by basic study in the principles of general and specialised Geology, so that participants may acquire general criteria for the application of techniques in every particular area.
The principle objective of the specialist subject 'Geology and Sedimentary Basin Analysis' is to examine geological, geochemical and geophysical analysis techniques for the efficient characterisation of structural systems and sedimentary basins.
The principle objective of the specialist subject 'Geological Risks' is to learn the various techniques used in the cartography, analysis, treatment, modelling and evaluation of risk in physical phenomena and potentially destructive geological processes.
The principle objective of the specialist subject 'Geological Materials and Mineral Resources' is to conduct a detailed study of the most important materials and structures found at the Earth's surface and to analyse the processes that generate these.
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- Universitat Barcelona
Pathway(s) offered: research, professional practice, mixed pathway
Number of ECTS credits awarded: 60 - 120 (note that the number will vary according to the applicant's previous studies)
Language(s) of instruction: Catalan, Spanish and English
Number of places available: 30
Faculty or school: Faculty of Geology
Master's degree course homepage: http://www.ub.edu/geologia/masters_oficials/geologia/master_geologia.htm