The Institute of Cosmos Sciences (ICCUB) is an interdisciplinary research centre that works in
fields related to astrophysics, particle physics and cosmology. It brings together researchers from
the Departments of Astronomy and Meteorology, Structure and Constituents of Matter, Fundamental
Physics, Applied Mathematics, Organic Chemistry and Electronics.
Its aims are to:
- foster collaboration among the areas of research that are addressed by the ICCUB;
- promote experimental and instrumental activity in particle, nuclear and astroparticle physics,
astrophysics and space sciences;
- facilitate the participation of the University of Barcelona in major international
- attract highly qualified research staff;
- support high quality teaching through the master’s degree and doctoral programs;
- contribute to the dissemination of science and scientific knowledge in the ICCUB’s areas.