UB_Economics_0075editedApplications for all postgraduate programmes at the Universitat de Barcelona Business School are now open. Our institution currently offers three master’s degrees and a doctoral programme. Each degree is targeted at different audiences, levels and career stages. The graduate programme in Business encompasses an MSc in Business Research and a PhD in Business. The School also offers an MSc in International Business and the Executive MBA. While the former are strongly research-oriented programmes, the latter are professional degrees in Business.

Please note that there are different deadlines and processes depending on the degree course. However, candidates are advised to apply as early as possible in the admissions cycle in all cases. The applications deadline for the MSc in Business Research is July 1st 2018. The applications period is shorter in the case of the PhD in Business, closing on May 15th 2018. On the other hand, the deadline for the MSc in International Business is July 20th 2018, while the Executive MBA operates a rolling admission process, meaning that applications are assessed individually as they are received.

Prospective MSc in Business Research students will receive advanced training in the research skills, techniques and methodologies needed to conduct their own research. On the other hand, the PhD in Business is aimed at any student seeking to embark on an international research career Business. The two programmes constitute the graduate programme in Business. However, the two stages can be coursed separately. The MSc in Business Research is taught full-time over one year or part-time over two years, while the PhD in Business normally involves three years of full-time study or five years of part-time study.

Every year, the MSc in Business Research displays a wide diversity among the class group. There is no doubt this heterogeneity contributes to the success of this degree. On average, more than 10 different countries are represented in class. Nationals make up 15% of all students, while the remaining 85% are international students from around the world. The PhD in Business shows comparable levels of internationalisation, which also contribute to create the perfect environment to carry out a doctoral research.

The recently launched MSc in International Business is an official one-year graduate degree, entirely taught in English. This degree is designed to train specialists in global business management, with a strong focus on finance and accounting, marketing, operations, human resources and strategic management. Applicants may expect to find in class young recent graduates in Business, Law, International Relations or Engineering with a professional interest in the practical fields of an international company.

Finally, the Executive MBA is a one-year UB-specific degree targeted at professionals with at least three years of full-time working experience. The average class size is 25 students and the high level of internationalisation is evident at first sight as the percentage of foreign students climbs to 80%. Figures show that this year’s class is 32 years old on average and that students have 4-17 years of professional experience. Most come either from the field of the social sciences such as Business or Economics or have a technical background.