The Lab is a spacious room of 100m aproximately. It serves as office of many of our reaseachers and PhD students, and is used as a classroom to teach subjects such as "Laboratory Phonology". In addition, it is equipped with various materials for research in Speech Sciences.
- Ultrasound Tongue Imaging by Articulate Instruments. It allows us to visualize the movement of the tongue in spontaneus speech.
- EPG3 of Reading. Electropalatograph. It allows us to visualize the contacts of the tongue with the palate in spontaneus speech.
- WinEPG of Articulate Instruments. It allows us to visualize the contacts of the tongue with the palate in in spontaneus speech.
- Glotograph of Tevox. It enables us to observe the opening and closing movement during vowel giving us a wave kind of graphic.
- Glotograph 6103 of KAY Elemetrics Corp. It enables us to observe the opening and closing movement during vowel giving us a wave kind of graphic.
- Nasometer II 6400 of KAYPentax. It enables us to observe nasalance.
The tools that are registered in this section allow us to analyze the parameters of the acoustic signals (frequency, intensity and duration) from three fundamental graphics for the sound representation (waveform, spectres, spectograms) and its combinations.
- Anechoic booth of KAY Elemetrics Corp
- Digital Sona-Graph 7800 of KAY Elemetrics Corp.
- DSP Sona Graph 5500 of KAY Elemetrics Corp.
- Computer Speech Lab. (CSL) 4300 of KAY Elemetrics Corp.
- Computer Sppech Lab. (CSL) 4500 of KAY Elemetrics Corp
- MultiSpeech Signal Analysis Workstation 3700 of KAY Elemetrics Corp.
- Visi-Pitch 6095 of KAY Elemetrics Corp.
- Video Phonetics Program and Database of KAY Elemetrics Corp.
- Signalyze of Infosignal Inc.
- PCVox of the Departamento de Ineniería Electrónica de la Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
- CSRE45 of AVAAZ Innovations
- Speech Analyzer 1.5 of SIL
- Praat (of course)
- Voxsy2 of Tevox. Publisher of phonetic units. It allows to create files of phonetic data that can be recovered or picked up and changed by process files that can be used by a text-to-speech conversor.
- Texvox2 of Tevox. Text-to-speech conversor for the Spanish language that produces acoustically a text written in conventional ortography from the process units.
- Speech Adapter Box OM 8010 of Philips. The program associated to this device is called SP2. It digitalizes the human voice. Voxsy2 is compatible with SP2 because they use the same processor:PCF 8200 of Philips. Voxsy2 can read the files generated by SP2.
- Analysis/Synthesis Lab. (ASL) 2.1. of KAY Elemetrics Corp. It digitalizes files of human speech. It is compatible with CSL4300 of Kay Elemetrics Corp. and with CSL4500 of KAY Elemetrics Corp.