- Objectives and competences
- Admission and pre-enrolment
- Course curriculum
- Teaching methodology and assessment system
- Career opportunities
- Support for studying
- Calendar, timetables, classrooms and assessment
- Course plans and teaching staff
- Course details
The master's degree Biological Anthropology is intended to provide holders of degrees in experimental sciences and the humanities with up-to-date training in human biodiversity, its origin, evolution and the biomedical implications. The program responds to the growing demand for specialists in the area of human biology and physical anthropology, contributing knowledge and methodologies pertaining to this area of specialization and related areas (e.g., physiology, genetics, zoology, medicine, archaeology).
The program focuses primarily on research and offers students the opportunity both to collaborate with businesses working in this field and to complete their final project in collaboration with outside institutions. Students are offered two specializations: Physical and Forensic Anthropology, and Molecular Anthropology and Biomedical Applications.
These studies are aimed at people who are interested in the following areas:
- Forensic anthropology and the osteological and molecular techniques used in individual identification.
- Anthropology applied to archaeology, including taphonomy, demographics and the reconstruction of ancient populations.
- Human evolution, primatology and prehistory.
- Molecular anthropology.
- Biomedical applications of human molecular diversity in cytogenetics, complex diseases and genetic epidemiology.
This master's degree addresses all of these areas in an in-depth and interrelated manner. More than 50% of the content will be applied work in osteology, molecular biology and computer laboratories.
|Main university||Universitat Barcelona|
|Mode of delivery||Presencial|
|Faculty or school||Faculty of Biology|
|Number of places available||30|
|Language(s) of instruction||Catalan, Spanish or English - preference will be given to English, although consideration will also be given to the profiles of successful applicants and the requirements of the teaching staff.|
|Approximate price per credit||27.67 euros per credit (82 euros for students who are not EU nationals and do not currently reside in Spain). Fees for the academic year 2021-2022|
|Coordination||ARACELI ROSA DE LA CRUZ|