- Objectives and competences
- Admission and pre-enrolment
- Course curriculum
- Career opportunities
- Support for studying
- Course plans and teaching staff
- Course details
Teacher Training in Obligatory Secondary and Upper Secondary School Education, Vocational Training and Languages
The course provides students with the knowledge, skills and qualities required to work as teachers in compulsory and upper secondary education, in vocational training, and in education in the specific fields of the arts, sport and languages. Thus, successful students will have accomplished the following objectives:
- Understand the curricular content of the corresponding teaching specializations, and be familiar with relevant teaching and learning processes.
- Plan, implement and evaluate teaching and learning processes, identifying areas for improvement to facilitate the acquisition of competences in each area of knowledge.
- Define a curriculum you would wish to implement in an educational institution participating in collective planning.
- Design and develop learning spaces, focusing particularly on equality, emotional education and values, equal rights and opportunities and diversity, and incorporating tutor responsibilities.
- Apply strategies to stimulate student effort, thereby increasing the capacity for independent and collective learning, and for the resolution of conflict.
- Understand the regulations and the institutional organization of the education system.
- Provide parents/guardians with information and advice on teaching and learning processes, and on the personality, academic profile and professional outlook of their children.
Profile of specific competences
Profile of generic competences
- Understand the formative and cultural value of the subjects covered in the specialization and the content of the corresponding programs of study.
- With regard to vocational training, understand the evolution of the world of work, the relationships between society, work and quality of life, and the need to acquire proper training to be able to adapt to possible changes that may be required in different jobs.
- With regard to educational and professional counselling, understand the processes and resources for preventing inter-personal and learning problems, and academic and professional counselling techniques.
Profile of generic competences
- Knowledge of the functions, features, regulatory framework, organization and historical evolution of the Spanish educational system and its configuration in Catalonia, and of the basic organizational elements of schools and other education centres and their relationships with political structures and the public administration.
- Understanding of the fundamental and defining aspects of society and the family environment and the roles they play in education. Ability to establish effective channels of communication and cooperation between the educational institution, the students and their families. Understanding of the importance of contemporary in providing educational guidance, and capacity to apply measures for promoting of education.
- Understanding of the psychological development of students, their social contexts and principal motivations.
- Capacity to design and apply strategies for optimising the benefits of classroom interaction and communication, and methodologies for obtaining the best possible academic performance.
- Capacity to create programs of activities and study from the general and specific aspects of educational curricula. Capacity to plan educational programs with regard to established learning objectives and required skills and competences.
- Capacity to apply evaluation tools and strategies adapted to specific areas of knowledge, the specific and general objectives in each case, and the skills and competences to be learned.
- Ability to identify and deal effectively and sensitively with individual differences and the general diversity of the student population. Capacity to detect specific learning difficulties, and employ the appropriate resources for overcoming these difficulties.
- Capacity to introduce information and communication technologies into educational activities.
- Capacity to employ a range of methods for mediation and conflict resolution.
- Capacity to promote group work and coordination in teaching practice.
- Ability to apply fundamental educational research techniques and methodologies, and the capacity to design and carry out research and innovation projects applicable to the general field of education and specific contexts in the field of knowledge. Capacity to apply innovative teaching methodologies and strategies.
- Commitment to ethical practice, based on critical and self-critical capabilities and an appreciation of the social importance of education.
- Capacity to promote the use of scientific method as a research and learning tool. Capacity to use personal scientific knowledge of the discipline to design models for facilitating the understanding of contemporary reality, and of reasoned, well-founded and critical decisions related to the major issues of contemporary society.