- Objectives and competences
- Admission and pre-enrolment
- Course curriculum
- Teaching methodology and assessment system
- Career opportunities
- Support for studying
- Calendar, timetables, classrooms and assessment
- Course plans and teaching staff
- Course details
Cultural Heritage Management and Museology
Given the interdisciplinary nature of the master's degree, the suitable access profiles are broad in scope. Professional activities in the field of museology and heritage management, and the variety of heritage and types of museums (art, history, archeological, scientific and technical, architectural, heritage, etc.) mean that there are many related professions and profiles of different natures. The course is therefore addressed to:
- Holders of a degree certificate or equivalent qualification in any area related to the various specific fields of heritage management.
- Those with an interest or experience in the field of cultural heritage management (artistic, ethnological, historical, archaeological, industrial, natural, architectural, scientific, etc.).
- Candidates with an interest or experience in the planning and management of museums.
- Candidates with an interest or professional experience in the organization or design of exhibitions.
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
Any degree or equivalent qualification, in particular the following:
- Humanities: archaeology, history, history of art, philosophy, humanities, etc.
- Social sciences and communication: anthropology, sociology, geography, audiovisual communication, journalism, communication and cultural industries, etc.
- Economic sciences, business sciences and tourism.
- Biological or environmental sciences.
- Architecture or design, specialising in museography.