Regarding the health alert on COVID-19 and considering the evolution of the epidemics over the recent hours, the University of Barcelona informs that, as stated by the Department of Health of the Catalan Government, from tomorrow March 13 on, all face-to-face learning activities will be suspended until April 3 (included). Considering the Easter holiday period will follow after that date, face-to-face academic activities will start on April 14.
Following the suspension of the academic activities, the following are also called off:
- Courses and activities to take place in the spaces of the University (guided tours for secondary schools, IL3 courses, EIM courses, University of Experience, Hispanic Studies, Josep Finestres Foundation, IDP-ICE, AdSS Training, Language Services, etc.).
- Activities with an agreement to take place in spaces of the UB, as well as temporary permits and rented spaces of the UB
- Collaboration grants from the UB and the Ministry of Education, and practicals taking place in UB buildings (those outside the buildings of the UB can continue taking place depending on the external entity).
The following buildings will be closed due to the suspension of academic activities:
- Rooms and laboratories where teaching activities are carried out, including field trips as well as those for doctoral studies
- CRAI (libraries and study rooms)
- Sports Services
- Collaboration grants of the UB and practicals taking place in facilities of the UB
- Cafeterias, bars and restaurants in the buildings of the UB
- Copy shops and reprography services in the buildings of the UB
The TRS and AdSS members of the University of Barcelona will continue to offer their services, regardless of non-attendance in face-to-face learning lessons.
Regarding the TRS, and considering their teaching tasks, TRS members should find alternatives to provide their activities temporarily as e-learning activities and therefore provide the students with the necessary means for their learning, intensifying the answers to the students’ doubts and questions, through their email address and other ways of communication. In this exceptional situation, it is necessary to consider all possibilities offered by those tools related to the teaching platform in the Virtual Campus UB and the CRAI help desk services (Servei d’Atenció als Usuaris del CRAI).
Regarding AdSS members, their responsibility of providing services includes the staff in affiliated units which are closed to the public.
Updated information is available in ub.edu/coronavirus and via the UB social networks.