University of Barcelona

Information for the student – Applied Linguistics and Language Acquisition in Multilingual Contexts

Grants and financial aid

Being a student of the M.A. Program allows you to apply for different grants. Some of them are only open to Spanish citizens, but other collaboration scholarships are open to any student of the program.

General Grant - awarded by the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport. This grant is available to students enrolled in bachelor’s degrees, pre-EHEA degrees, and university master's degrees. Fixed or flexible sums are awarded, depending on the applicant's family income and academic performance. For more information, please check:

ERASMUS - These grants are awarded for temporary study at the universities in the European Union with which the UB has bilateral agreements. The UB shall recognize all studies that are undertaken satisfactorily in the host European university. More information in:

UB Collaboration Grant - They are awarded by the Universitat de Barcelona. Students shall collaborate with various bodies of the UB or external entities that have signed collaboration agreements with the University. In exchange, they shall receive financial assistance and will be registered on the Spanish Social Security system. Please check:

MAEC-AECID Grants - These grants are for language courses (except French and English), postgraduate courses, doctoral programs and research abroad, as well as for specialized European courses and cultural cooperation abroad. If you are interested in knowing more about them, you can take a look at the following website:

Mobility Grant for Official Master's Degree Courses - The aim of this program is to boost the mobility of students who are enrolled in university master’s degree courses, so that they can undertake academic activities for their course in a province other than that of the UB or in another country in the European Higher Education Area. Students shall have to change residence to undertake these activities. For more information, please check:

Financial aid for participation in international mobility programs - These grants are awarded for travel. They are open to University of Barcelona students who have been selected to study temporarily in another university under one of the following programs: ERASMUS, the Coïmbra Group program or mobility programs that involve foreign universities with which the UB has signed a general or specific student exchange agreement. You can find more information on these grants in:

DRAC Program grants - These grants boost mobility at all levels of the university community in the institutions that belong to the Vives Network of Universities. Grants are awarded to attend courses, seminars or conferences, to visit a service in another university, to start research or a project, to take one or several subjects in another university or to organize other cultural activities. More information in:

The Agència de Gestió d'Ajuts Universitaris i de Recerca (AGAUR) also offers other grants. The majority of them are only open to Spanish and European citizens, but some of them are open to any university student. For more information, please check the AGAUR website (the link is in English, but there is not much information; more information is available in the Catalan version).

LAALCM M.A. Program