Applications now open for the Master and PhD in Economics
The applications are now open for 2021/22 entry to the graduate programme in Economics at the UB School of Economics. The graduate programme comprises a two-year master’s degree in Economics and the PhD in Economics. These can be studied independently of one another if the student meets the entry requirements.
MSc in Economics candidates have time until June 15th, 2021 to submit their application. On the other hand, applications for the PhD should be submitted before the deadline of April 30th, 2021. Further details on how to apply can be found on the MSc in Economics and the PhD Economics sections on our website.
The MSc in Economics is a high quality programme designed to extend students’ capabilities in theoretical and empirical techniques needed to analyse real world economic problems. It also provides students with the chance to undertake independent research. The master’s, which is delivered entirely in English, attracts students from around the world. The programme has been accredited with Excellence by the Universities Council, which recognises outstanding achievements and performance. The programme also achieved the Additional Dimension of Internationalisation with the maximum score of Quality-level Compliant.
On the other hand, the PhD in Economics offers the opportunity to undertake research in a wide range of fields of economics. The programme is one of only a small number of doctoral programmes in Spain to have received the Quality Award for Research Excellence from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport, which acknowledges the quality and impact of the research carried out within the PhD framework.
- UB School of Economics to co-host conference on population economics in 2021
- New research shows that increase the safety is key to avoid elderly drivers accidents
- 8 researchers join the UB School of Economics in 2020
- Applications now open for the Master and PhD in Economics
- Two new three-year postdoctoral opportunities at the UB School of Economics
- Yolanda Blasco-Martel awarded the XVI Premi Catalunya d'Economia 2019
- A closer look at the MSc in Economics class of 2022
- New edition of the 'UB's science cafés'
- Job Market Candidates list for 2020/21 now available