Applications now open for the Master and PhD in Economics
The applications are now open for 2021/22 entry to the graduate programme in Economics at the UB School of Economics. The graduate programme comprises a two-year master’s degree in Economics and the PhD in Economics. These can be studied independently of one another if the student meets the entry requirements.
MSc in Economics candidates have time until June 15th, 2021 to submit their application. On the other hand, applications for the PhD should be submitted before the deadline of April 30th, 2021. Further details on how to apply can be found on the MSc in Economics and the PhD Economics sections on our website.
The MSc in Economics is a high quality programme designed to extend students’ capabilities in theoretical and empirical techniques needed to analyse real world economic problems. It also provides students with the chance to undertake independent research. The master’s, which is delivered entirely in English, attracts students from around the world. The programme has been accredited with Excellence by the Universities Council, which recognises outstanding achievements and performance. The programme also achieved the Additional Dimension of Internationalisation with the maximum score of Quality-level Compliant.
On the other hand, the PhD in Economics offers the opportunity to undertake research in a wide range of fields of economics. The programme is one of only a small number of doctoral programmes in Spain to have received the Quality Award for Research Excellence from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport, which acknowledges the quality and impact of the research carried out within the PhD framework.
- The UB School of Economics hosts three major events in the field of economics simultaneously
- Five UB School of Economics PhD students awarded SEBAP mobility grants
- Elderly people have better mental well-being living in a rural environment
- The Catalan Society of Economics creates the blog 5centims.cat, promoted by our researcher Lídia Farré
- UB School of Economics at POLITICO'S EU Studies & Career Fair
- University of Barcelona ranked among world’s top 100 universities
- Researcher Ció Patxot to lead European project TRANSHIST
- Project on gender competition policy by researcher Joan Ramon Borrell selected by the OECD
- UB School of Economics to co-host conference on population economics in 2021