Department of Economics hiring Associate or Assistant Professor in Energy and Environmental Economics
The Department of Economics of the University of Barcelona invites applications for an Associate or Assistant Professor position in the field of Energy and Environmental Economics, beginning in September 2020. Applications should be submitted via EconJobMarket before December 4th, 2019. Candidates will be considered at the Associate or Assistant Professor level depending on their qualifications.
Candidates are expected to show outstanding commitment to research and will have the opportunity to carry out research activities in the framework of the Barcelona Institute of Economics (IEB) and in the Chair of Energy Sustainability. The Chair of Energy Sustainability goals are to promote research excellence in Energy and Environmental Economics, to disseminate its results to society, and to contribute to the debate and decision-making process in economic policy.
Successful applicants will be expected to teach in English in the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, to develop independent research programmes achieving international recognition, and to be involved in the Department, IEB, Chair of Energy Sustainability and School research activities.
Interviews will be conducted at the 2019 European Job Market in Rotterdam, Netherlands, on Wednesday, December 18th and Thursday, December 19th. Other arrangements may be possible for short-listed candidates who do not plan to attend this meeting. Based on the interviews, some candidates will be invited for seminars in January/February.
The University of Barcelona is a leading centre in southern Europe, with a strong commitment to excellence in research. It enjoys a long tradition of teaching, offering both undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes in the field of Economics and Business. In this framework, the UB School of Economics provides an important platform for research and graduate education in Economics, as it encompasses the Masters and the Doctoral programme in Economics, which are entirely taught in English.
Deadline: December 4th, 2019. More information HERE.
- Firms’ choice between technological cooperation and outsourcing should take regional context into account, research finds
- UB School of Economics researchers Enric Tello, Marc Badia-Miró awarded Ramon Garrabou Prize in Economic History
- UB School of Economics researcher Antonio Di Paolo awarded funding by La Caixa for socially-oriented research projects
- UB School of Economics to host conference on Population Economics in 2020
- Department of Economics hiring Associate or Assistant Professor in Energy and Environmental Economics
- Four new three-year post-doctoral opportunities at the UB School of Economics
- Job Market candidates list for 2019/20 now available on UB School of Economics website
- MSc in Economics student Ricard Grèbol Jiménez awarded Masters of Excellence scholarship from Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation
- New research suggests hiring subsidies are ineffective to promote employment amongst disabled people in Spain