Department of Economics hiring Associate or Assistant Professor in Energy and Environmental Economics
The Department of Economics of the University of Barcelona invites applications for an Associate or Assistant Professor position in the field of Energy and Environmental Economics, beginning in September 2020. Applications should be submitted via EconJobMarket before December 4th, 2019. Candidates will be considered at the Associate or Assistant Professor level depending on their qualifications.
Candidates are expected to show outstanding commitment to research and will have the opportunity to carry out research activities in the framework of the Barcelona Institute of Economics (IEB) and in the Chair of Energy Sustainability. The Chair of Energy Sustainability goals are to promote research excellence in Energy and Environmental Economics, to disseminate its results to society, and to contribute to the debate and decision-making process in economic policy.
Successful applicants will be expected to teach in English in the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, to develop independent research programmes achieving international recognition, and to be involved in the Department, IEB, Chair of Energy Sustainability and School research activities.
Interviews will be conducted at the 2019 European Job Market in Rotterdam, Netherlands, on Wednesday, December 18th and Thursday, December 19th. Other arrangements may be possible for short-listed candidates who do not plan to attend this meeting. Based on the interviews, some candidates will be invited for seminars in January/February.
The University of Barcelona is a leading centre in southern Europe, with a strong commitment to excellence in research. It enjoys a long tradition of teaching, offering both undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes in the field of Economics and Business. In this framework, the UB School of Economics provides an important platform for research and graduate education in Economics, as it encompasses the Masters and the Doctoral programme in Economics, which are entirely taught in English.
Deadline: December 4th, 2019. More information HERE.
- PhD in Economics: exceptional third round of admissions
- UB School of Economics researchers launch multiple initiatives to study the spread and socio-economic impact of COVID-19
- Get your admission to the UB School of Economics today and lay the foundation for your career in the post COVID-19 world
- The Centre d’Estudis Antoni de Capmany teams up with 16 institutions to launch a series of online seminars on macroeconomic history
- New research finds highways managed under Public-Private Partnership agreements are safer than public models
- The University of Barcelona suspends all face-to-face academic activities and closes buildings due to the COVID-19 health alert
- New research estimates losses from premature lung cancer deaths in Spain at €13.1 billion over a decade
- The Institutions and Political Economy Research Group is hiring senior and postdoctoral fellows for 2020/21
- The IEB invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 2020 Summer School in Urban Economics