Extensive involvement of UB School of Economics researchers in the Catalan Economic Society Conference
The Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona has actively contributed to the organisation of the 2nd Catalan Economic Society Conference. On one hand, the Faculty has been one of the sponsors of the event. On the other hand, many UB School of Economics researchers have participated in the conference activities as speakers, members of the academic committee or attendees.
The 2nd Catalan Economic Society Conference was held at the Institute for Catalan Studies (IEC), in Barcelona, from 24th to 25th May, 2019. The keynote speakers were the Professor of Economics at MIT Drew Fudenberg and the CREI senior researcher and professor at the UPF and BGSE Jordi Galí.
The first edition of the Catalan Economic Society Conference took place on 2017. The conference was promoted by the president of the Catalan Economics Society, Eduard Arruga, in order to show the potential of the research carried out in Catalonia, become a meeting point for economic research and create a pole of attraction for the best academics from all over the world.
- Call for papers open for the Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics and JRC Regional Modelling Workshop
- School of Economics researchers outline citizen perceptions of the EU project with Horizon 2020 partners across Europe
- UB School of Economics researchers Enric Tello and Ricard Soto awarded prize for best ‘Journal of Agrarian Change’ article
- School of Economics research warns Spanish pension system reform could have worsened pensioner’s economic position
- New research finds negative impact of temporary work liberalisation on earnings and employment in Spain
- UB School of Economics researchers recognised with Lluís Fina Prize and Luis Toharia Grant at 13th Labour Economics Meeting
- PhD graduate Valeria Bernardo awarded Funcas prize for best dissertation in social sciences
- Game Theory research explained simply and clearly at a new exhibition at the University of Barcelona
- UB School of Economics researcher Lluís Bermúdez awarded 12th Ferran Armengol i Tubau Prize