Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona ranks among the best schools for Economics
The Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona has been ranked among the world’s best schools for Economics according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017. The centre to which the UB School of Economics belongs has been ranked the 135th best school that specialises in Social Sciences and Management in the world. This puts our institution 54th in Europe.
The Faculty of Economics and Business also features in rankings for its excellence in specific subjects, such as Economics & Econometrics, Accounting & Finance and Statistics & Operational Research. In the last case, the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona is the only Spanish higher education institution among the top 100 in the world, after having jumped from the 101-150 to the 51-100 band in one year.
Regarding Economics & Econometrics and Accounting & Finance, the University of Barcelona has maintained its ranking among the world’s top 150 higher educations centres. This puts the Faculty of Economics and Business among the top five schools for Economics & Econometrics and the top three schools for Accounting & Finance in Spain.
The QS World University Rankings by Subject ranks the world’s top universities in individual subject areas. Each of the subject rankings is compiled using four sources. The first two are global surveys of academics and employers. The second two indicators assess research impact, based on research citations sourced from Elsevier’s Scopus database. These four components are combined to produce the results for each of the subject rankings.
- The UB School of Economics hosts a conference by Seema Jayachandran on gender equality and development
- Five UB School of Economics PhD students awarded SEBAP movility grants
- II Workshop on Public Policies: Education and Health in resilient times
- “Experimental and behavioural economics are fundamental for any professional economist”
- The energy transition in your electricity bill
- First study on food insecurity in Spanish households
- UB School of Economics participates in the master's and postgraduate fair Saló Futura 2022
- Fundación Mapfre provides funding for two research projects on the insurance sector
- Childhood development: a multifaceted analysis