Four new three-year post-doctoral opportunities at the UB School of Economics
The UB School of Economics invites applications for four three-year Post-Doctoral positions beginning in September 2020. Fields of interest include Behavioural Economics, Computational Economics, Decision Sciences, Econometrics, Economic History, Finance, Insurance, Microeconomics, Operations Research, Public Economics, Statistics, and Urban, Rural and Regional Economics. Applications should be submitted via the EconJobMarket website before December 1st, 2019.
Candidates are expected to show outstanding commitment to research and must have obtained a PhD when taking up the position. Successful applicants will be expected to teach in English in the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, to develop independent research programmes achieving international recognition, and to be involved in the school research activities.
Interviews will be conducted at the 2019 European Job Market in Rotterdam, Netherlands, on Wednesday December 18th and Thursday December 19th, 2019. Other arrangements may be possible for short-listed candidates who do not plan to attend this meeting. Based on the interviews, some candidates will be invited for seminars in January/February 2020.
The University of Barcelona is a leading centre in southern Europe, with a strong commitment to excellence in research. It enjoys a long tradition of teaching, offering both undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes in the field of Economics and Business. In this framework, the UB School of Economics provides an important platform for research and graduate education in Economics, as it encompasses the Master’s and the Doctoral programme in Economics, which are entirely taught in English.
Deadline: December 1st, 2019. More information HERE.
- New research finds highways managed under Public-Private Partnership agreements are safer than public models
- The IEB invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 2020 Summer School in Urban Economics
- "Experimental and Behavioural Economics are fundamental for any professional economist"
- New research shows paid curbside parking increased neighborhood car-ownership levels in Barcelona
- Firms’ choice between technological cooperation and outsourcing should take regional context into account, research finds
- UB School of Economics researchers Enric Tello, Marc Badia-Miró awarded Ramon Garrabou Prize in Economic History
- UB School of Economics researcher Antonio Di Paolo awarded funding by La Caixa for socially-oriented research projects
- UB School of Economics to host conference on Population Economics in 2020
- Department of Economics hiring Associate or Assistant Professor in Energy and Environmental Economics