Get your admission to the UB School of Economics today and lay the foundation for your career in the post COVID-19 world
At the UB School of Economics we are aware that the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic will transform our world under many aspects. Adjusting to the changes will be challenging, but we also know that new opportunities will arise in the next months and years.
This is why it is important to start planning ahead and invest in education that will provide tools and skills that will fuel innovation. This is the time to lay the foundation for your career in an ever-changing world.
Face-to-face teaching is suspended and facilities are closed but the mission and the compromise of the University of Barcelona does not cease. The University’s faculty and staff are working remotely and the applications for 2020 intake at the UB School of Economics are currently being reviewed by the admissions team.
We are aware that the deadlines fall at a time when general confinement measures are in place, nevertheless, the strict measures will soon come to an end and we will be gradually go back to a new normality.
To date there have been no changes to the postgraduate degrees schedule for the 2020/21 academic year at the University of Barcelona. Therefore, it is important that applications are submitted in due time.
The graduate programme comprises a two-year master’s degree in Economics and the PhD in Economics. These can be studied independently of one another if the student meets the entry requirements. MSc in Economics candidates have time until June 15th, 2020 to submit their application. On the other hand, applications for the PhD should be submitted before the deadline of May 15th, 2020.
The MSc in Economics is a high quality programme designed to extend students’ capabilities in theoretical and empirical techniques needed to analyse real world economic problems. It also allows students to undertake independent research.
The master’s, which is offered entirely in English, attracts students from around the world. The programme has been accredited with Excellence by the Universities Council, which recognises outstanding achievements and performance. The programme also achieved the Additional Dimension of Internationalisation with the maximum score of Quality-level Compliant.
On the other hand, the PhD in Economics offers the opportunity to undertake research in a wide range of fields of economics. The programme is one of only a small number of doctoral programmes in Spain to have received the Quality Award for Research Excellence from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport, which acknowledges the quality and impact of the research carried out within the PhD framework.
- PhD in Economics: exceptional third round of admissions
- UB School of Economics researchers launch multiple initiatives to study the spread and socio-economic impact of COVID-19
- Get your admission to the UB School of Economics today and lay the foundation for your career in the post COVID-19 world
- The Centre d’Estudis Antoni de Capmany teams up with 16 institutions to launch a series of online seminars on macroeconomic history
- New research finds highways managed under Public-Private Partnership agreements are safer than public models
- The University of Barcelona suspends all face-to-face academic activities and closes buildings due to the COVID-19 health alert
- New research estimates losses from premature lung cancer deaths in Spain at €13.1 billion over a decade
- The Institutions and Political Economy Research Group is hiring senior and postdoctoral fellows for 2020/21
- The IEB invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 2020 Summer School in Urban Economics