Joan Tugores named 2018 Member of Merit by the Association of Economists of Catalonia
Professor at the University of Barcelona and researcher at the UB School of Economics Joan Tugores has been named 2018 Member of Merit by the Association of Economists of Catalonia for his extensive curriculum and his contributions to the field of economics, with particular attention to the study of globalisation and the economic crisis. The association also highlights his close follow up of the macro and micro economic situation with regular publications in general and specialised media.
Joan Tugores holds a PhD in Economics from the University of Barcelona. He is Professor of Economic Analysis Foundations at the Department of Economics of the University of Barcelona. He has also served as rector of the University of Barcelona (2001-2005) and as Dean of the Faculty of Economics (1993-1998).
- Spain records one of the largest gaps in Europe between desired fertility and real fertility
- UB School of Economics to open applications for four Postdoctoral and one Assistant Professor positions
- 13 researchers join the UB School of Economics in 2021
- The UB School of Economics welcomes a new cohort of graduate students
- Job Market Candidates list for 2021/22 now available
- UB, the institution with most influential researchers affiliated
- New edition of 'The UB in figures' with the highlights of the year 2020/2021
- The Covid-19 pandemic has disrupted diagnostics and healthcare services
- UB School of Economics is recruiting three tenure-elegible lecturers