MSc in Economics Student Cristian Navarro Serrano awarded “Masters of Excellence” scholarship from Fundació Catalunya-La Pedrera
First year MSc in Economics student Cristian Navarro Serrano has been awarded a “Masters of Excellence” scholarship from Fundació Catalunya-La Pedrera. These grants are aimed at students with an excellent academic record who are enrolled at high-quality master’s degrees at universities in Catalonia.
“This scholarship will give me the boost that I need to face the master’s degree. Not only because of the financial support, but also because of the emotional encouragement. This scholarship is a good reason to work even harder and try to achieve the best possible results”, Cristian said.
The MSc in Economics at the UB School of Economics has been considered an excellent master’s degree by the Fundació Catalunya-La Pedrera because it has a global reach, it is taught in English, faculty members are renowned renowned researchers and the programme is clearly research-oriented.
“I decided to study this programme because I think it is a very comprehensive degree. The two-year structure allows cover both essential knowledge from cross areas and go deep into specialisations that match the student’s goals. The master’s research orientation is another aspect that made me choose the MSc in Economics”, Cristian added.
The awards ceremony of the “Masters of Excellence” scholarships took place on October 16th, 2018, at the Auditorium of La Pedrera, in Barcelona. With these scholarships the Fundació Catalunya-La Pedrera wants to attract and retain the best talent, promote excellence and contribute to making Catalonia a world leader in excellent postgraduate studies.
Cristian explains that he will probably continue his education after finishing the master, whether the PhD or a specialised programme in a very specific field, such as growth or economic development. “In any case, I know that my goal is to complete this MSc in Economics at the UB School of Economics as a foundation stone in order to keep building in the years to follow”, he explained.
- Spain records one of the largest gaps in Europe between desired fertility and real fertility
- UB School of Economics to open applications for four Postdoctoral and one Assistant Professor positions
- 13 researchers join the UB School of Economics in 2021
- The UB School of Economics welcomes a new cohort of graduate students
- Job Market Candidates list for 2021/22 now available
- UB, the institution with most influential researchers affiliated
- New edition of 'The UB in figures' with the highlights of the year 2020/2021
- The Covid-19 pandemic has disrupted diagnostics and healthcare services
- UB School of Economics is recruiting three tenure-elegible lecturers