Now hiring: Admissions officer
The Faculty of Economics and Business of the University of Barcelona is a leading centre in Southern Europe for research and teaching in the fields of economics, business, sociology and statistics. It combines the historical tradition of the UB with its strong commitment to modernity and internationalization in recent years. The Faculty offers a wide range of quality postgraduate programmes and short courses to an international market. A priority for the Faculty is to ensure the high-quality standards of the existing academic offering and continuous innovation and development of its portfolio.
The Admissions officer plays a key role in the successful development of the admission process of the different programmes and courses offered at the UB Business School and the UB School of Economics, supporting the Programme Managers and Academic Directors to coordinate the admissions pipeline. He or she will join a team dedicated to ensuring the best experience for students, providing an outstanding level of service and support through all stages of the student journey. This is a very good opportunity for candidates looking to develop a career in higher education and willing to contribute to society by enhancing student and educational programmes’ success in a leading public university.
– Full-time position, 35 h/week
– Gross annual salary: €27.726,70
– Application deadline: October 17, 2022
– Languages: Catalan, Spanish, and English (C1 certificate required)
– Benefits: Favourable working week (35h), annual paid leave of 31 calendar days, free parking, and access to continuous education and training
– Previous experience working with CRM systems (Salesforce) will be an advantage
– Process prospective students’ applications in accordance with the admission policies of the different programmes offered.
– Collect all incoming documents and applications´ data, including all its components (i.e: curriculum vitae, recommendation letters, receipt of payment of application fees, etc).
– Communicate with students to ensure that all application documents are in accordance with the established guidelines, and perform follow-up on missing or insufficient information.
– Maintain a database on CRM (Salesforce) of student information, communications logs and student feedback in order to generate student reports for management whenever required.
– Distribute completed applications to the Programme Manager and Academic Director for review, and assist in the communication of final decisions to all applicants.
– Provide clarifications to students’ queries in a professional manner.
– Follow-up with students for enquiries about their application status through direct meetings, live chat, phone calls and emails
– Provide support to the Programme Manager and Academic Director when needed.
– Provide support with recruitment activities, student interviews, information sessions, and student events.
– Collaborate with the communications department in the creation of content for different platforms and marketing campaigns.
– Assist with other administrative tasks as required.
More information and applications (in Catalan): https://seu.ub.edu/ofertaPublicaCategoriaPublic/listPublicacionsAmbCategoria?categoria.id=342642
- Commuting time negatively affects the labor supply of married women
- Four projects led by UB School of Economics researchers have been awarded funding by the Horizon Europe programme for research and innovation
- First study on food insecurity in Spanish households
- Childhood development: a multifaceted analysis
- 7 researchers join the UB School of Economics in 2022
- UB School of Economics to open applications for five postdoctoral researchers
- Three projects led by UB School of Economics researchers receive funding to contribute to the green and digital transition
- Job Market Candidates list for 2022/23 now available
- The UB School of Economics welcomes a new cohort of Master and PhD students