The Catalan Society of Economics creates the blog 5centims.cat, promoted by our researcher Lídia Farré
The Catalan Society of Economic has launched the Catalan economics blog 5centims.cat. It is an initiative promoted by both current UB members and alumni. The blog is run with the contributions of our researcher Lidia Farré, PhD in Economics and lecturer in the UB Department of Econometrics, Statistics and Applied Economics, UB alumni Josep Maria Raya, PhD in Economics, the UB undergraduate in Economics Jenifer Ruiz-Valenzuela together with Roger Romagosa and Xavier Cuadras, coordinator of the blog and current director of the Statistical Institute of Catalonia (Idescat). Joan Ribas, Mireia Borell and Modest Guinjoan are members too.
The main objectives of this initiative are to provide and disseminate knowledge on the main economic issues that have, or may have, an impact on Catalan society. In addition to being a tool for dissemination, the blog also aims to be a space for open, respectful and rigorous debate thanks to the contributions published.
The blog is governed by different founding principles that have inspired its creation:
– Publications must deal with aspects that affect the Catalan economy.
– The articles must be rigorous analyses based on research in the field of economics.
– Authors must convey their ideas in a way that is comprehensible to a non-specialist audience.
– The blog is independent of any group of influence.
- The UB School of Economics hosts three major events in the field of economics simultaneously
- Five UB School of Economics PhD students awarded SEBAP mobility grants
- Elderly people have better mental well-being living in a rural environment
- The Catalan Society of Economics creates the blog 5centims.cat, promoted by our researcher Lídia Farré
- UB School of Economics at POLITICO'S EU Studies & Career Fair
- University of Barcelona ranked among world’s top 100 universities
- Researcher Ció Patxot to lead European project TRANSHIST
- Project on gender competition policy by researcher Joan Ramon Borrell selected by the OECD
- UB School of Economics to co-host conference on population economics in 2021