The IEB invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 2020 Summer School in Urban Economics
The Barcelona Institute of Economics (IEB) at the UB School of Economics invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 2020 Summer School in Urban Economics, which will take place on June 8-10, 2020. The course is aimed at PhD students with an interest in urban economics including housing, real estate, transportation, local public good provision, spatial distribution of activities, economic geography and urban or regional policy.
The objective of the summer school is to offer an intensive training program for interested PhD students. The course will provide an opportunity for students to learn about the research frontier in urban economics, discuss their own research with leading researchers in the field in a relaxed and open atmosphere and meet some of the future stars in the field.
The lecturers of the 2020 Summer School in Urban Economics are Gabriel Ahlfeldt (London School of Economics), Nate Baum-Snow (University of Toronto), Donald Davis (Columbia University), Thomas J. Holmes (University of Minnesota), Miren Lafourcade (Université Paris-Saclay) and Dávid Krisztián Nágy (CREI & Universitat Pompeu Fabra).
Deadline: March 20th, 2020. More information HERE.
- Researcher Lídia Farré participated in the Economic Reactivation working group of the Commission for Social and Economic Reconstruction, created by the Congress of Deputies
- PhD in Economics: exceptional third round of admissions
- UB School of Economics researchers launch multiple initiatives to study the spread and socio-economic impact of COVID-19
- Get your admission to the UB School of Economics today and lay the foundation for your career in the post COVID-19 world
- The Centre d’Estudis Antoni de Capmany teams up with 16 institutions to launch a series of online seminars on macroeconomic history
- New research finds highways managed under Public-Private Partnership agreements are safer than public models
- The University of Barcelona suspends all face-to-face academic activities and closes buildings due to the COVID-19 health alert
- New research estimates losses from premature lung cancer deaths in Spain at €13.1 billion over a decade
- The Institutions and Political Economy Research Group is hiring senior and postdoctoral fellows for 2020/21