The IEB invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 2020 Summer School in Urban Economics
The Barcelona Institute of Economics (IEB) at the UB School of Economics invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 2020 Summer School in Urban Economics, which will take place on June 8-10, 2020. The course is aimed at PhD students with an interest in urban economics including housing, real estate, transportation, local public good provision, spatial distribution of activities, economic geography and urban or regional policy.
The objective of the summer school is to offer an intensive training program for interested PhD students. The course will provide an opportunity for students to learn about the research frontier in urban economics, discuss their own research with leading researchers in the field in a relaxed and open atmosphere and meet some of the future stars in the field.
The lecturers of the 2020 Summer School in Urban Economics are Gabriel Ahlfeldt (London School of Economics), Nate Baum-Snow (University of Toronto), Donald Davis (Columbia University), Thomas J. Holmes (University of Minnesota), Miren Lafourcade (Université Paris-Saclay) and Dávid Krisztián Nágy (CREI & Universitat Pompeu Fabra).
Deadline: March 20th, 2020. More information HERE.
- New research finds highways managed under Public-Private Partnership agreements are safer than public models
- The Institutions and Political Economy Research Group is hiring senior and postdoctoral fellows for 2020/21
- The IEB invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 2020 Summer School in Urban Economics
- "Experimental and Behavioural Economics are fundamental for any professional economist"
- New research shows paid curbside parking increased neighborhood car-ownership levels in Barcelona
- Firms’ choice between technological cooperation and outsourcing should take regional context into account, research finds
- UB School of Economics researchers Enric Tello, Marc Badia-Miró awarded Ramon Garrabou Prize in Economic History
- UB School of Economics researcher Antonio Di Paolo awarded funding by La Caixa for socially-oriented research projects
- UB School of Economics to host conference on Population Economics in 2020