The PhD in Economics at the UB has been accredited with Excellence
The PhD in Economics programme at the UB School of Economics has been accredited with Excellence after an exhaustive and rigorous external evaluation by the Catalan University Quality Assurance Agency (AQU). This achievement will contribute to the academic prestige of the Faculty of Economics and Business of the Universitat de Barcelona and will benefit our students in attaining their career goals.
This distinction recognises the quality of the programme, PhD advisors, the learning support system, the internal quality assurance system, public information and the programme outcomes. The assessment committee particularly highlighted:
– The competence and dedication of the programme’s PhD advisors who are highly trained, perform relevant and solvent research, and are greatly valued by the PhD students.
– The effort in boosting thesis co-direction between senior and junior researchers.
– The outstanding international projection of the programme.
– The Job Market training programme, which facilitates access to the labour market.
– Access to financial aid and specific guidance on international activities.
– The high rate of defended theses and derived publications.
– The high rate of employability of the PhD graduates, as well as the general satisfaction expressed by the employment facilitator group.
Accreditation with Excellence is crucial for the UB School of Economics community, including students, lecturers, and researchers, key actors in this process thanks to their daily commitment to the programme.
- Commuting time negatively affects the labor supply of married women
- Four projects led by UB School of Economics researchers have been awarded funding by the Horizon Europe programme for research and innovation
- First study on food insecurity in Spanish households
- Childhood development: a multifaceted analysis
- 7 researchers join the UB School of Economics in 2022
- UB School of Economics to open applications for five postdoctoral researchers
- Three projects led by UB School of Economics researchers receive funding to contribute to the green and digital transition
- Job Market Candidates list for 2022/23 now available
- The UB School of Economics welcomes a new cohort of Master and PhD students