UB School of Economics researcher Lluís Bermúdez awarded 12th Ferran Armengol i Tubau Prize
The UB School of Economics researcher Lluís Bermúdez has been awarded the 12th Ferran Armengol i Tubau Prize by the Catalan Economics Society of the Institute for Catalan Studies. The prize was given jointly to Lluís Bermúdez and Dimitris Karlis for their study Tarifació d’assegurances amb múltiples garanties correlacionades. The prize ceremony took place on May 27th 2019 at the Sala Pere i Joan Coromines of the Institute for Catalan Studies.
The winning work of the 12th Ferran Armengol i Tubau Prize gives a global, structured and rigorous vision on new methods of pricing that, on the one hand, take into account the dependency between the risks covered by a same insurance policy with multiple guarantees and, on the other hand, can be employed in the risk management of this type of insurances in the context of Solvency II.
Lluís Bermúdez is associate professor at the Department of Economic, Financial and Actuarial Mathematics at the University of Barcelona and member of the Risk in Finance and Insurance Research Group (Riskcenter-IREA). He is currently Director of the Postgraduate Degree Course in Risk Management at the University of Barcelona. On the other hand, Dimitris Karlis is professor at the Department of Statistics at the Athens University of Economics and Business.
The 12th Ferran Armengol i Tubau Prize recognises the best research in the area of insurances from an economic, legal, financial or social perspective published in the years 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 or unpublished. The aim of the prize is to recognise and promote the research efforts in the area of insurances.
- Call for papers open for the Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics and JRC Regional Modelling Workshop
- School of Economics researchers outline citizen perceptions of the EU project with Horizon 2020 partners across Europe
- UB School of Economics researchers Enric Tello and Ricard Soto awarded prize for best ‘Journal of Agrarian Change’ article
- School of Economics research warns Spanish pension system reform could have worsened pensioner’s economic position
- New research finds negative impact of temporary work liberalisation on earnings and employment in Spain
- UB School of Economics researchers recognised with Lluís Fina Prize and Luis Toharia Grant at 13th Labour Economics Meeting
- PhD graduate Valeria Bernardo awarded Funcas prize for best dissertation in social sciences
- Game Theory research explained simply and clearly at a new exhibition at the University of Barcelona
- UB School of Economics researcher Lluís Bermúdez awarded 12th Ferran Armengol i Tubau Prize