UB School of Economics to host conference on Population Economics in 2020
The UB School of Economics will host the 34th Annual Conference of the European Society for Population Economics (ESPE), which will take place on June 18th-20th, 2020 at the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona. The event will be co-organized by the Pompeu Fabra University. The UB School of Economics researchers Antonio Di Paolo, Lídia Farré and Judit Vall together with the Pompeu Fabra University professor Libertad González constitute the local organising team.
The keynote speakers will be the Professor of Economics at Brown University Anna Aizer and the Professor in Economics at the University of Chicago Magne Mogstad. The presidential address will be given by the Professor in Labour Economics Norwegian School of Economics Kjell Salvanes. Finally, the Senior Vice President at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York Wilbert van der Klaauw will serve as the programme chair.
The ESPE welcomes the submission of papers for presentation at its 34th Annual Conference. Papers must be submitted online via Editorial Express. Each participant may present at most one paper but can co-author more than one paper in the programme. The submission deadline is February 1st, 2020.
Founded in 1986, the ESPE facilitates the communication and exchange of ideas between researchers from European and other countries around the globe. Equal emphasis is given to theoretical and applied research across a wide range of fields, all related to population economics. Research interests of members of the Society include: Education, Health, Labour market topics, Demographics, Income, Housing and household issues, Inter-generational mobility, Crime, Discrimination, Institutions and Policy evaluation.
More information HERE.
- Firms’ choice between technological cooperation and outsourcing should take regional context into account, research finds
- UB School of Economics researchers Enric Tello, Marc Badia-Miró awarded Ramon Garrabou Prize in Economic History
- UB School of Economics researcher Antonio Di Paolo awarded funding by La Caixa for socially-oriented research projects
- UB School of Economics to host conference on Population Economics in 2020
- Department of Economics hiring Associate or Assistant Professor in Energy and Environmental Economics
- Four new three-year post-doctoral opportunities at the UB School of Economics
- Job Market candidates list for 2019/20 now available on UB School of Economics website
- MSc in Economics student Ricard Grèbol Jiménez awarded Masters of Excellence scholarship from Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation
- New research suggests hiring subsidies are ineffective to promote employment amongst disabled people in Spain