UB School of Economics to host conference on Population Economics in 2020
The UB School of Economics will host the 34th Annual Conference of the European Society for Population Economics (ESPE), which will take place on June 18th-20th, 2020 at the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona. The event will be co-organized by the Pompeu Fabra University. The UB School of Economics researchers Antonio Di Paolo, Lídia Farré and Judit Vall together with the Pompeu Fabra University professor Libertad González constitute the local organising team.
The keynote speakers will be the Professor of Economics at Brown University Anna Aizer and the Professor in Economics at the University of Chicago Magne Mogstad. The presidential address will be given by the Professor in Labour Economics Norwegian School of Economics Kjell Salvanes. Finally, the Senior Vice President at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York Wilbert van der Klaauw will serve as the programme chair.
The ESPE welcomes the submission of papers for presentation at its 34th Annual Conference. Papers must be submitted online via Editorial Express. Each participant may present at most one paper but can co-author more than one paper in the programme. The submission deadline is February 1st, 2020.
Founded in 1986, the ESPE facilitates the communication and exchange of ideas between researchers from European and other countries around the globe. Equal emphasis is given to theoretical and applied research across a wide range of fields, all related to population economics. Research interests of members of the Society include: Education, Health, Labour market topics, Demographics, Income, Housing and household issues, Inter-generational mobility, Crime, Discrimination, Institutions and Policy evaluation.
More information HERE.
- Researcher Lídia Farré participated in the Economic Reactivation working group of the Commission for Social and Economic Reconstruction, created by the Congress of Deputies
- PhD in Economics: exceptional third round of admissions
- UB School of Economics researchers launch multiple initiatives to study the spread and socio-economic impact of COVID-19
- Get your admission to the UB School of Economics today and lay the foundation for your career in the post COVID-19 world
- The Centre d’Estudis Antoni de Capmany teams up with 16 institutions to launch a series of online seminars on macroeconomic history
- New research finds highways managed under Public-Private Partnership agreements are safer than public models
- The University of Barcelona suspends all face-to-face academic activities and closes buildings due to the COVID-19 health alert
- New research estimates losses from premature lung cancer deaths in Spain at €13.1 billion over a decade
- The Institutions and Political Economy Research Group is hiring senior and postdoctoral fellows for 2020/21