Bridgehead (Europe & Global)
EIT Health’s Bridgehead brings together European health entrepreneurs who want to grow their business beyond their home market with Europe’s top incubators and accelerators who have the expertise and resources to make it happen.
We will help match your scale-up with an incubator or accelerator from EIT Health’s approved network – we call these organisations our Catalysers. Together, you will plan how to access new markets quickly and decisively, tap into local networks of partners and clients, access infrastructure and understand new regulatory systems.
The programme is split into Bridgehead Europe and Bridgehead Global. Whichever programme you successfully apply for, you will be given the seasoned expertise, insight and support needed to help realise your business ambitions.
- 1st call: 16 March 2021
- 2nd call: 14 September 2021
Driving the expansion of your scale-up venture from one European market into another other through partners with local knowledge
Helping you expand your European health scale-up to markets, outside of Europe such as the US, Canada, China, Japan and South Korea amongst others.
- EUROPEAN CATALYSERS
Accelerators, incubators and clusters with a proven track record in building, accelerating and scaling-up healthcare companies.
The experts connect industries, corporates, entrepreneurs, specialists, commercial partners and mentors to provide unique access to knowledge, infrastructure and resources to accelerate growth across an interconnected continent.
- GLOBAL CATALYSERS An EIT Health-vetted network of committed European partners strongly networked and operating within markets outside of Europe. The experts offer the same level of enthusiastic and engaged collaboration and support with the difference of providing the opportunity to expand into global markets including the USA, Canada, Israel, China, Japan and others.
WHO SOULD APPLY?
Your company must:
Be registered in Europe
Sell a product or services in at least one market in Europe and be ready to open up a new market
Deliver innovative, transformative products or services in biotech, medtech or digital health
Have fewer than 250 full time employees
Financial obligations: There is a 6% success fee of your company’s revenue in the new market, capped at three times the amount of the grant amount or three years after completing the programme, whichever comes first.
1. Apply for the first intake by 16 March 2021 or for the second intake by 14 September 2021.
2. Get selected: our expert panel will review applications and choose the best scale-ups for each programme.
3. Match: meet and find your best-fit with our Catalysers at exclusive matchmaking events.
4. Go: travel to your Catalyser to start your collaboration and use their expert guidance to activate your business in a new market.