News
Home  >  News > enCATERINAts beats participation records and awards two students

enCATERINAts beats participation records and awards two students

65% of participants are students

65% of participants are students

26/06/2020

Cultura

The Language Services of the University of Barcelona have held for three years a contest aimed at the UB community in order to share, through games and humor, the figure of a distinguished person in the Catalan language and culture. This year’s edition is dedicated to Caterina Albert (enCATERINAts), and got the highest figures of participation. The winners were two students: Sandra Garcia, student of the bachelor’s degree in Teacher in Early Childhood Education, and Núria Giráldez, student of Literary Theory and Comparative Literature.

 

The contest enCATERINAts has registered 1,300 participants through its website, 3,500 visits, and more than 3,000 interactions through social networks. Out of the total participation, the 65% accounts for students and the remaining 35% are teaching staff and administrative and service staff. The contest awards the participation with more right answers (although the organization highlights the high number of correct answers) so that participants who followed the contest the most have more chances of winning.

Both awardees will receive, each, the novel of the author, Solitud and Un film (3000 metres), and a t-shirt by La Incorrecta. On July 1, the awardees will receive a symbolic prize in an online broadcast, where the vice-rector for Students and Language Policy, Mercè Puig, and the head of the Language Services of the UB, Conxa Planas, will greet them.

This contest is financed by the Vice-rector’s Office of Students and Language Policy, with the collaboration of the Language Dynamization Network. Anyone can play enCATERINAts while waiting for next year’s edition, since all questions are still available here.
 

Share this at:
| More |

Related information

  • Follow us:
  • Button to access University of Barcelona's Facebook profile
  • Button to access University of Barcelona's Twitter profile
  • Button to access University of Barcelona's Instagram profile
  • Button to access University of Barcelona's Linkedin profile
  • Button to access University of Barcelona's Youtube profile
  • Button to access University of Barcelona's Google+ profile
  • ??? peu.flickr.alt ???
Member of International recognition of excellence HR Excellence in Research logo del leru - League of European Research Universities logo del bkc - campus excel·lència logo del health universitat de barcelona campus

© Universitat de Barcelona