University entrance for students who have completed bachelor’s degree studies or equivalent first-cycle studies outside Spain and who wish to pursue a Spanish EHEA bachelor’s degree course
Such applicants have two options:
- the applicant may ask for the homologation of a completed degree so that the degree qualification can be made equivalent to the level of an existing official Spanish university degree qualification;
- the applicant may ask for the validation of their studies to Spanish studies at a partially completed stage
APPLICANTS SHOULD NOTE THAT THEY MAY NOT PURSUE BOTH THESE PROCEDURES SIMULTANEOUSLY. However, if an application for the homologation of completed degree has been refused, the applicant may still apply for the validation of his or her studies to Spanish studies at a partially completed stage when and where that first application was not been refused for any of the following reasons:
- the official Spanish university degree is either no longer officially taught in the Spanish national plan of studies or has not yet been fully implemented in that plan of studies;
- the student’s degree certificate corresponds to international studies either partially completed or completed in Spain, when and where centres lack the official authority to deliver courses in this degree subject;
- the degree certificate has already been homologated in Spain or the application for its partial validation has already been made.
Such applications should be made to the Spanish Ministry of Education at the following address:
Ministerio de Educación
Subdirección General de Títulos y Reconocimiento de Calificaciones
P. del Prado, 28
Tel. 34 902 218 500
Fax 34 917 018 600
For further information on the administrative procedure for applications, consult the Ministry of Education webpage
If the application for the homologation of a completed degree is successful, the applicant will be entitled to enrol in EHEA bachelor’s degree courses as these are delivered in universities and technical colleges in Catalonia and must complete the University pre-enrolment procedure (‘Preinscripció Universitària’) as this is defined by each particular centre or institution.
Detailed information on this procedure is available at:
Oficina d'Orientació per a l'Accés a la Universitat
Via Laietana,2, planta baixa
Tel. (+34) 932 230 323 - 932 232 591
Fax. (+34) 935 527 120
If the application for the homologation of a completed degree is not successful, the applicant may still apply for the validation of his or her studies to Spanish studies at a partially completed stage when and where that first application was not been refused for any of the reasons listed further above.
Applicants should consult the centre where the bachelor’s degree is taught and will need to adopt the admission pathway that corresponds to the particular number of credits that have been convalidated in each separate case.
For information on the validation of studies to Spanish studies at a partially completed stage and on the application form required for a place on a course, see the page University admission for students who have begun higher education studies outside Spain.