The UB Library is a network of nineteen libraries located on the various campuses and in the university schools and faculties. Its collection includes around two million books and specialized journals in printed or electronic format, and it is one of the leading universities in Catalonia and in Spain.
Library services and resources are tailored to the needs of university students. Consequently, users can access the following services, among others:
- Rooms and places that are equipped for study.
- Computer rooms with Internet connections, to access all information resources.
- UB Wi-Fi area, which is available in almost all of the libraries.
- Laptop loan service, for information searches or to access the UB digital campus.
- Opening hours during the week, which are extended during examination periods.
- Loan service.
- Free access to over 6,300 seats in reading rooms, many of which are equipped for work with a computer.
- User training sessions, so that students can take maximum advantage of all the available information resources and find out about specific services for each course.
- The "Ask a librarian" service, in which users can find answers to any question about the library or bibliographic searches. The service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.