1. Under the legislation on universities, the University of Barcelona (“UB”) performs the public service of providing higher education through research, teaching and studies. The UB owns the domain names ub.edu and ub.es, through which its website is accessible. Use of the UB website constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions set out in this document.
2. The information on the UB website is provided for the purpose of publicizing the activities and services of the University. The UB works to ensure that the information and services that appear on the UB website have the necessary integrity and that they are accurate, up-to-date, accessible and usable. In this respect, users should take note of the last modified date indicated in each case. The information offered on the UB website is not intended to contravene any of the requirements laid down in applicable laws, general provisions or administrative acts that must be formally published in newspapers, official bulletins or any system established by the University itself.
3. This website and all of its contents, including the texts, images, sound recordings, databases, code and any other material, are the property of the UB or third parties who have authorized their use by the institution. All of this material is subject to the current legislation on intellectual property. The respective owners reserve their right to take appropriate legal action to redress any harm or damage caused by any act that infringes upon their intellectual property rights over the contents.
4. The UB reserves the right to modify and update its website at any time and without prior notice.
5. The UB publishes the images of people who appear on the website in full recognition of their rights to their own image. The images are used exclusively for the purpose of creating graphic files or videos to report or publicize the UB’s activity. In no case shall they be used for other purposes or given to third parties without the necessary authorization.
6. The UB has implemented the security measures needed to keep its website and servers free of malware. Secure access to the website (such as in the case of intranets) is provided through the HTTPS protocol.
7. The UB website provides hyperlinks to the University of Barcelona’s profiles in Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc., in order to advertise the UB’s presence in these social networks. Once users access these social networks, they are subject to the policies established by each service.
8. The UB enables users to receive news published on its website via RSS feeds.
9. Any dispute involving the UB website shall be conducted in the courts and tribunals of Barcelona, expressly waiving any other jurisdiction.
The treatment of any personal data provided by users of the website is subject to the provisions of the regulations on personal data protection. However, the UB website is not a publicly accessible source as stipulated by the regulations.
a) Form data
1. The UB website contains various forms that collect personal data. All of these forms have information clauses in adherence to the regulations on data protection.
2. When it is mandatory under the regulations on data protection, consent to use or transfer personal data will be requested from the individuals concerned. To this end, users should read and take into account each information clause.
3. In all cases, the UB’s use of personal data will be limited to what is adequate and relevant to meet the specified, explicit and lawful purposes for which the data have been obtained. The security of users’ personal data is guaranteed by the application of technical and organizational security measures.
4. As stipulated by the regulations on data protection, minors are allowed to give their personal data only if they are 14 years of age or older. Minors who are under 14 years of age must obtain the consent of their parents or legal guardians. The UB assumes no responsibility for the personal data given by minors under 14 years of age who have not received consent from their parents or legal guardians.
b) Connection data
Connection data are implicitly generated in the use of internet communication protocols. The data generated by browsing the UB website will be used strictly for technical purposes and by staff who are bound by a duty of secrecy.
The University of Barcelona, which is committed to achieving the total elimination of visual and functional barriers in its website, has satisfied the medium level (AA) of the accessibility criteria established by the WAI (Web Accessibility Initiative) working group of the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium). The website is dynamic and, as a consequence, it is practically impossible to check each and every web page that can be consulted at any given time. In this respect, if you encounter an accessibility problem when browsing any of these web pages, please inform us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The design of the website utilizes style sheets for the visual display of information. Only relative font sizes have been used, so that users can customize the text size. If your browser does not permit the use of style sheets, you can browse the web pages without experiencing display problems by selecting the browser option for style and choosing no page style