To enroll in the master’s degree, the preregistration is compulsory.
Applicants for the master’s degree must hold a bachelor’s degree, engineer, architect, or corresponding title (Spanish or foreign) that gives access to the postgraduate or master’s degree or have the corresponding accreditation certificate. It will not be possible to access the master’s degree in sound art without a bachelor’s degree. Instead, it will always be possible to access to an university extension diploma.
Preregistration for the master’s degree can be done throughout the year.
Master’s applicants must have a bachelor’s degree, engineer, architect, or corresponding title
- Copy of the identity card of the applicant: DNI for applicants with Spanish nationality, identity document issued by the competent authority in the case of students of the European Union, or passport in the case of foreign students.
- Copy of bachelor’s degree, engineer, architect, or corresponding title (Spanish or foreign) that allows access to the postgraduate or master’s degree, or corresponding accreditation certificate. if the degree has been obtained in the same center where you enroll in the postgraduate or master’s degree, it is not required.
- Brief curriculum vitae, including training and professional activity in the field of sound art, if any.
- Letter of motivation of no more than 3,000 characters (spaces included), explaining the reasons why the applicant wants to pursue the postgraduate or master’s degree and the line of research or artistic production that is expected to be developed.
Delivery of documentation
By any of the following alternative systems (one or the other):
- Email to any of the following addresses: email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that the documents are sent by email, the applicant must specify whether he/she wishes to enroll in one of the two postgraduate courses or the full master’s degree.
- Postal letter or delivered by hand, to the attention of Secretaria d’Estudiants i Docència, to the address:
Faculty of Fine Arts of the University of Barcelona, Office of Masters and Postgraduates C / Pau Gargallo, 4 Barcelona (Spain)
Selection of applicants
The selection of students will be carried out by the teachers of the master’s degree, based on the motivation letter, the academic record of the degree or the postgraduates or master’s degrees previously studied, the artistic curriculum and professional experience. Admitted students will receive a letter from the master’s director approximately 15 days after the delivery of all documentation.
Only students accepted in the pre-registration process will be able to enroll.