10th International Symposium on the Acquisition
of Second Language Speech
April 20th - 22nd 2022
University of Barcelona
Welcome to New Sounds 2022!
The 10th International Symposium on the Acquisition of Second Language Speech (New Sounds 2022) will take place on 20-22 April 2022 at the University of Barcelona. New Sounds gathers researchers from all over the world to discuss issues related to the learning and teaching of second/foreign language (L2) phonetics and phonology.
The conference will cover a variety of themes related to the acquisition of L2 phonetics and phonology, including:
– Speech perception and production
– Theories and models of L2 speech learning
– Phonetics and phonology in second language acquisition
– Acquisition of L2 phonotactics
– Multilingualism and the acquisition of additional languages
– Application of new technologies to pronunciation teaching and learning
– Sociolinguistic, psycholinguistic, and neurolinguistic aspects of L2 speech learning
The New Sounds 2022 organizing committee
COVID-19 INFORMATION: In principle we are hoping to hold an in-person conference in April 2022.