- Objectives and competences
- Admission and pre-enrolment
- Course curriculum
- Teaching methodology and assessment system
- Career opportunities
- Support for studying
- Calendar, timetables, classrooms and assessment
- Course plans and teaching staff
- Course details
Advanced Studies in Art History
This master's degree is open to students with a broad range of profiles, as the field of art history encompasses many professions of diverse natures. The course is particularly addressed to holders of a bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in:
- Art history.
- Humanities: history, geography, fine arts, social anthropology, conservation, etc.
- Architecture or design, specializing in museography.
Social sciences and communication: audiovisual communication, journalism, sociology, etc.
- Economic sciences, business sciences and tourism.
- Biological and environmental sciences (biology, palaeography, mineralogy, etc.), relating to museum or heritage management.
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
You may be invited for an interview at the discretion of the master's committee.