Other specific documentation related to the selection criteria m010b

  • Academic record stating the weighted average grade and grading system (scale of 1 to 10) confirming that the student has successfully completed at least the first three years and the first semester of the final year of their bachelor's degree.
  • International students must indicate the equivalence between their grading scale and the Spanish scale (from 1 to 10). Further information: ANECA
  • Curriculum Vitae indicating the student's level of English (supporting documentation is not required).
  • Students admitted to a research group for their Final Project must provide confirmation of admission signed by the head of the group. Admission to a research group is one of the specific selection criteria for the master's degree and is worth 2 points. As such, students with a weighted average grade below 7.5 should endeavour to secure admission to a group. A template for signed confirmation of admission is provided. Groups admitting students for Final Projects are listed in the section Curricular placements
  • Students should indicate their preferred choice of specialization at the time of pre-enrolment.

1. Molecular Basis of and Research into Human Diseases
2. Basic and Translational Research in Cancer
3. Basic and Translational Research in Metabolism and Endocrinology

Each specialization is available to 35 students. Approximately 80% of places are awarded in the first pre-enrolment period, the remaining 20% are held back to the second pre-enrolment period. If places are still available after both pre-enrolment periods have closed they may be awarded to students who were not originally awarded a place on their preferred specialization.

  1. Specialization 1 is intended for students whose bachelor's degrees did not cover specific subject areas of biology, e.g. chemistry, physics, engineering, etc. Places are not offered to graduates from the UB' bachelor's degrees in Biomedical Sciences or Biology (specifically, the specialization in Molecular, Cell and System Biology).
  2. Specialization 2 focuses on cancer research and is intended for students with some prior knowledge who wish to acquire greater expertise.
  3. Specialization 3 is intended for students who would like to refresh and expand their knowledge of metabolism, obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease. A general understanding of biology is required.

As a guideline, the cut-off mark for admission for the previous academic year was 7.5 (on a scale of 1 to 10).

The academic committee of the master's degree will study the applications to ensure that each student has a suitable profile for their preferred specialization.