Marcos Aviñoá Pérez
About me. From Hospitalet at heart, I am a passioned physicist in love with optics and photonics. I obtained my M. Sc. in Photonics by Universtitat Politècnica de Barcelona in 2019 and my B. Sc. in physics by Universitat de Barcelona on February 2018. My main research interests are electromagnetic diffraction throught highly focusing optical systems, partially coherent and partially polarized light beams and the development of effiecient numerical methods to solve propagation problems in optics.
- M. Sc. in Photonics by Universtitat Politècnica de Barcelona, with 8.66 mean grade and 2.433 GPA.
- B. Sc. in Physics by Universitat de Barcelona, with mean grade point 8.00.
- Highly focused electromagnetic beams
- Partially polarized and partially coherent electromagnetic beams
- Efficient algorithms to solve
- Study on the limits of the determination of the Degree of Polarization of light due to the discrete nature of optical light detection.
- Development of a specialized algorithm to quickly compute the polarization matrix of arbitrary highly focused Electromagnetic Schell-model beam. The code can be found in http://github.com/kramos966/moleca.
- Development of an algorithm to quickly recover the phase of a coherent but otherwise arbitrary electromagnetic beam with any state of polarization, alongside a GUI to easily setup and modify the phase recovery process.
- D. Maluenda, M. Aviñoá, K. Ahmadi, R. Martínez-Herrero, A. Carnicer, "Experimental Estimation of the Longitudinal Component of a Highly Focused Electromagnetic Field", Scientific Reports, publication pending, doi: 10.21203/rs.3.rs-598897/v1
- M. Aviñoá, R. Martínez-Herrero, A. Carnicer, "Efficient calculation of highly focused electromagnetic Schell-model beams", Optics Express, publication pending.
- M. Pérez Aviñoa, R. Martínez Herrero, S. Vallmitjana, P. Latorre, I.Juvells and A. Carnicer. "Partially-coherent spirally-polarized imag-ing",Optics and Lasers in Engineering, Vol. 112 January 2019.
- M. Aviñoá, A. Carnicer and S. Bosch, "3D Degree of Polarization andits fundamental limits" submitted to Imaging and Applied OpticsCongress, OSA Technical Digest (Optical Society of America, 2020)
- M. P. Aviñoa, A. Carnicer, S. Bosch, and B. Javidi, "Light Field de-noising by thermal ensemble equivalence," in Imaging and AppliedOptics Congress, OSA Technical Digest (Optical Society of America,2020), paper DF2A.1.
- Spanish: native language
- Catalan: second language
- English: Certified B2 level. Uncertified advanced oral and written skills.
- German: B1-like uncertified level
- French: A1 level
- Latin: Unvertified B1-like level.
- Python: Extensive knowledge on both the standard library and third party computation software (NumPy, SciPy, Numba, Reikna, Cython, OpenCV). Developed several projects on it available in https://github.com/kramos966. To note an algorithm adn GUI to retrieve the phase of coherent electromagnetic beams.
- Fortran: Knowledge of Fortran 90 upwards. Developed a library to load and read PPM images using only native Fortran in https://github.com/kramos966/Fortran-PPM.
- C: Basic knowledge of array allocation/deallocation to interface with Python when high speed computations are required.
- OpenCL: Basic knowledge on how to setup the computation queue and perform basic parallel operations.
- ARMv7/8 assembler: Knowledge on integer arithmetic, loops and array declaration on the stack.
- amd64 assembler: Basic knowledge on integer arithmetic and loops.
- Advanced user level in LaTeX.
- Advanced user level in LibreOffice suite
- Medium user of Inkscape
- Basic user of Blender.
- Basic knowledge on video editing.
I love linguistics, specially etymology and sociolinguistics. Right now I am learning Yoruba, the most spoken native language in Nigeria. Marginally related, I also love programming languages and take on little projects in my free time. I am passionate about music and regularly play my preferred insturment, the clarinet. I practice weekly historical fencing (HEMA), specifically Verdadera Destreza, the fencing school prevalent in the Spanish empire through the XVII century.
To relax, I usually play some videogames, alone or with friends.