The Biodiversity Research Institut (IRBio) is bringing together academics, young researchers and collaborators working in a wide variety of research from genome to ecosystem. Morphological, molecular, biogeographic, bioinformatic approaches are applied. It also encompasses the terrestrial, freshwater and marine environment
The IRBio is conducting basic and applied research, as well as frontier research in the field of biodiversity
The IRBio encompass research, advice and dissemination
To promote outstanding research to knowledge generation and evaluation of biodiversity
To provide assistance to public and private entities for management and conservation of biodiversity ( transfer of knowledge)
To increase the commitment and raise awareness of biodiversity issues to the society
Strategic action lines
- To promote the excellent research in biodiversity and to foster the synergies among the IRBio researchers and their teams.
- To strengthen the internationalization of research, development and innovation.
- To increase the recruitment of young research talents and the training capacity of predoctoral and postdoctoral students.
- To develop the application of new methods and techniques at the service of the research teams (know-how)
- To promote the dissemination and transfer of knowledge at the academic, public and private administration and society sectors
- To increase resource generation
Transversal Axes ( RRI framework)
Personal management: recruitment & training
Funding & Internationalization
Outreach, citizen science, dissemination