The MARS group maintains contacts, through non-profit scientific collaboration or contracts, with several companies related to the water sector, drinking water management companies, food companies, as well as treatment plants, and enterprises developing new technologies, with the administration or public agencies. Our objective is to keep these cooperation (some lasts for more than 25 years long), and if it is possible to enlarge, the number of collaborations.
We offer the following technological services:
- Detection of animal viruses in water, sediments and food samples. Conventional methods based on cell line culture and methods based on molecular techniques.
- Detection of faecal origin bacteria in water, sediments and food samples. Conventional methods based on cultivation in bacteriological media and molecular methods.
- Microbiome analyses of environmental samples.
- Evaluation of the efficacy of water processing in the elimination of different groups of microorganisms (bacteria, parasites and virus).
- Evaluation of the biocide activity of certain substances according to the actual policies
- Studies requiring cell line cultures.
- Isolation, identification and characterization of Microorganisms
- Isolation and characterization of bacteriophages