- Objectives and competences
- Admission and pre-enrolment
- Course curriculum
- Teaching methodology and assessment system
- Career opportunities
- Support for studying
- Calendar, timetables, classrooms and assessment
- Course plans and teaching staff
- Course details
Four-year generalist degree in the field of science, admitting around one hundred and seventy students per year.
The bachelor's degree mainly welcomes students from scientific or technical high upper secondary schools, and in the first year, apart from subjects in Biology, there are others in the area of sciences such as Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry and Physics, and Earth System. The academic year is divided into two semesters: September-February and February-July. Classes can be in the morning or afternoon, but activities such as labs, seminars, or field trips often require the student to be at the faculty all day.
This is a bachelor's degree with basic training and two minors:
- Basic training: including subjects such as Biochemistry, Anthropology, Cell Biology, Botany, Zoology, Plant and Animal Physiology, Genetics, Microbiology, Metabolism, Experimental Design and Data Analysis, Ecology and Evolution.
- Minor in Biodiversity: mainly including subjects in the field of Animal Biology, Plant Biology and Ecology, etc.
- Minor in Molecular, Cell and System Biology: including subjects in the field of Microbiology, Cytology, Biochemistry, etc.
The final stage of the degree is dedicated to in-company placements, research groups, laboratories, nature centres, etc., in Barcelona or other locations, including Erasmus exchanges in European universities to complete practical training and write the bachelor's thesis.
The teaching staff boasts specialists in each topic, who are also researchers in the field of biology. Many of them boast an international reputation, thus ensuring their lessons to be fully up to date.
Graduates in Biology can work as biologists in the market or further their studies with a master's degree or a doctorate.
|Branch of knowledge||Sciences|
|Approximate price per credit||25,04 €|
|Coordinator||ROSA MARIA ARAUJO BOIRA|