CAUSAL INFERENCE WORKSHOP 2023:
The Mixtape by Scott Cunningham
21-22 Setembre de 2022
UB School of Economics – Facultat d’Economia i Empresa
Universitat de Barcelona
Organitzadors: OAP & GiM
Observatori d’Anàlisi i Avaluació de Polítiques Públiques (OAP)
The workshop, that will be only in person, will include practicing exercises with STATA. Bring your laptop.
Session Thursday 21/9 – Advanced Difference-in-difference (Room: To Be Confirmed)
9:00 – 18:00
- Review: Potential outcomes, ATT, DiD and parallel trends.
- DiD & Covariates: Covariates as correcting for parallel trends violations (Abadie 2005; Heckman, Ichimura and Todd 1997; Sant’Anna and Zhao 2020)
- DiD & Differential timing: Reviewing the pathologies of two-way fixed effects with differential timing and correcting for it with new estimators (Goodman-Bacon, 2021, Callaway and Sant’Anna 2021; Sun and Abraham 2021; Borusyak, et al. 2023; Chaisemartin and D’Haultfoielle 2020).
Session Friday 22/9 – Synthetic Control (Room: To Be Confirmed)
9:00 – 13:00
- Non-negative weighting and interpolating with synthetic control (Abadie, et al.)
- Least negative weighting and extrapolating with synthetic control (Ben-Michael, et al.)
- Synthetic DiD (Arkhangelsky et al. 2021)
Registration required: See here (the number of spaces is limited and the Organization will prioritize registration from profiles who might benefit more from this workshop, particularly, PhD candidates and post-docs). The Workshop will be only in person.