Information for the student – Environmental Agrobiology
The master degree in Environmental Agrobiology has a study load of 60 credits distributed as follows:
- 18 ECTS compulsory, which constitute the basis of the master's degree and consist on 3 subjects.
- 24 ECTS elective, to choose from an offer of 36 credits that encompass diverse areas of knowledge related to environmental agrobiology such as sustainable crop production, biological disease control, phytoremediation, remote sensing, phenotyping, agrigenomics, biostimulants, post-harvest, functional foods, product development and business management.
- 18 ECTS compulsory of the master's final project.
Teaching methodology of the subjects that constitute these areas consist of different training activities detailed in the Teaching Plan (PLAE) of each subject. Together, these activities are classroom-based, tutored and autonomous:
- Theory master lectures
- Theory and practical lectures
- Laboratory sessions
- Computer sessions
- Sessions with documents
- Field trips - Guided visits
- Tutored work
- Autonomous work
To perform these activities, the Biology Faculty of UB has classrooms, laboratories and an experimental field equipped with greenhouses and growing chambers, as well as measuring equipments. Besides, the master in Environmental Agrobiology has acesss to equipment and techniques from the Scientific and Technologic centers from the UB. Moreover, the Biology Faculty also has an excellent library with acess (on line) to scientific journals, book and computer lending system, as well as small rooms for group work projects.