- Objectives and competences
- Admission and pre-enrolment
- Course curriculum
- Teaching methodology and assessment system
- Career opportunities
- Support for studying
- Calendar, timetables, classrooms and assessment
- Course plans and teaching staff
- Course details
Institutions and Political Economy (new)
Even though we are experiencing an exceptional situation caused by the COVID-19 outbreak, the Faculty of Economics and Business will maintain the masters degree admissions calendars for academic year 2020/2021. Applications are being reviewed and processed as normal. To date there have been no changes to the masters degrees schedule for the 2020/2021 academic year.
Should the COVID-19 health emergency force us to make any changes, we will inform you as soon as possible. For more information, please visit the Information on COVID-19 section of the University of Barcelona webpage.
To complete your application, fill in the specific application form and pay the pre-enrolment fee through the general pre-enrolment form (see the link at the end of this section). Only complete applications will be considered.
- Pre-enrolment fee: A pre-enrolment fee of 30,21 euros is charged. Students who apply to more than one master's degree must pay the fee for each pre-enrolment request. Pre-enrolment requests cannot be processed until this fee has been paid.Fees will only be refunded if the master's degree in question is suspended.
- Reserved places: A maximum of 5% of the new places of the master's degree are reserved for students who meet the general and specific access requirements and accredit the recognition of a degree of disability equal to or greater than 33%.
- Pre-enrolment application
- Photocopy of degree certificate or equivalent qualification. In case of admission, foreign degrees that require so should be translated and authenticated through diplomatic channels before completing the enrolment.
- Other specific documentation related to the selection criteria
Oficina de Màsters i Doctorat (OMD)
Facultat d'Economia i Empresa
Universitat de Barcelona
The applications of candidates who meet the above requirements for access to the masters degree will be evaluated according to the following selection criteria, which are given with their weighting:
- Academic record obtained by the candidate in previous degree(s). Special merit will be given for previous training in political science, economics and history. Candidates must show sufficient training and analytical and abstract capacities to meet the requirements of the masters degree subjects. Weighting: 35%.
- Previous degree(s) related to the masters degrees subjects. Greater value will be given to degrees in political science, economics, history and related subjects. Weighting: 20%.
- Motivation letter. This will be positively valued if the candidate presents a research project or area of interest in which she/he wants to work in the future. Merit will also be given for an interest in the work of the professors of departments involved in the masters degree. Weighting: 20%.
- University of origin and its position in university rankings, such as the QS of Social Sciences, Tilburg Economics and State University Ranking, according to publications in ISI journals. Weighting: 10%.
- Curriculum vitae. Previous knowledge of political science, economics and history will be valued. Participation and attendance at academic conferences, participation in scientific projects and academic publications will also be considered. Finally, teaching experience in political science, economics and history and other fields will be valued. Weighting: 10%.
- Letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation from former professors in which the performance of the candidate is explained will be positively valued, in terms of the professors course and the degree (the professor is asked to position the candidate in relation to other students taught in the past). The letter should reflect the candidates analytical skills, training and motivation. Weighting: 5%.
If the Admission Committee considers it appropriate, candidates may need to submit additional documentation to clarify some aspect of the application, or to conduct a personal interview.
Admitted students will have to provide the required documents to obtain final approval and complete the enrolment. Additional information will be provided to admitted students.