- Objectives and competences
- Admission and pre-enrolment
- Course curriculum
- Teaching methodology and assessment system
- Career opportunities
- Support for studying
- Calendar, timetables, classrooms and assessment
- Course plans and teaching staff
- Course details
Institutions and Political Economy (new)
Even though we are experiencing an exceptional situation caused by the COVID-19 outbreak, the Faculty of Economics and Business will maintain the admissions calendars of the master's degrees for the academic year 2021-2022. The applications are being reviewed and processed as normal. To date there have been no changes to the master's degrees schedule for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Should the COVID-19 health emergency force us to make any changes, we will inform you as soon as possible. For more information, please visit the 'Information on COVID-19' section of the University of Barcelona webpage.
To complete your application, candidates must complete the specific application form and pay the pre-enrolment fee through the general pre-enrolment form (the link can be found at the end of this section). Only complete applications will be considered.
- Pre-enrolment fee: A pre-enrolment fee of 30,21 euros is charged. Students who apply to more than one master's degree must pay the fee for each pre-enrolment request. Pre-enrolment requests cannot be processed until this fee has been paid.Fees will only be refunded if the master's degree in question is suspended.
- Reserved places: A maximum of 5% of the new places of the master's degree are reserved for students who meet the general and specific access requirements and accredit the recognition of a degree of disability equal to or greater than 33%.
- Pre-enrolment application
- Photocopy of degree certificate or equivalent qualification. In case of admission, foreign degrees that require so should be translated and authenticated through diplomatic channels before completing the enrolment.
- Other specific documentation related to the selection criteria
Oficina de Màsters i Doctorat (OMD)
Facultat d'Economia i Empresa
Universitat de Barcelona
The applications of candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements for access to the Master will be evaluated according to the following selection criteria, which are presented with their weighting:
- Academic record obtained by the candidate in previous degree(s). Previous training in Political Science, Economics and History will be especially considered. Candidates must show sufficient training and analytical and abstract capacities to meet the requirements of the subjects of the Master. Weighting: 35%.
- Previous degree(s) related to the subjects of the master. Greater value will be given to degrees in Political Science, Economics, History and related subjects. Weighting: 20%.
- Motivation letter. It will be positively valued if the candidate presents a research project or area of interest in which she wants to work in the future. An interest in the work of the professors of the departments involved in the Master will also be positively valued. Weighting: 20%.
- University of origin and its position in university rankings, such as QS of Social Sciences, Tilburg Economics and State University Ranking according to publications in ISI journals. Weighting: 10%.
- Curriculum vitae. Previous knowledge of Political Science, Economics and History will be valued. Participation and attendance at academic conferences, participation in scientific projects and academic publications will also be taken into account. Finally, teaching experience in Political Science, Economics and History and in other fields will be valued. Weighting: 10%.
- Letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation from former professors in which the performance of the candidate is explained will be positively valued, both in terms of her course as well as the whole degree (the professor is asked to explain in what position she places the candidate in relation to the rest of the students she has taught in the past). The letter should reflect both the candidate's analytical skills and her training and motivation. Weighting: 5%.
If the Admission Committee considers it appropriate, candidates may need to submit additional documentation with the aim of clarifying some aspect of the application, or to conduct a personal interview.
Admitted students will have to provide the required documents in order to get the final approval and formalize the enrollment. Additional information will be provided to admitted students.