Applications for the graduate programme in Economics due to open on November 1st 2018
The UB School of Economics will open the applications for 2019-2020 entry to the graduate programme in Economics on November 1st 2018. The graduate programme comprises a two-year master’s degree in Economics and the PhD in Economics. These can be coursed separately if the student meets the entry requirements. MSc in Economics candidates have time until June 15th 2019 to submit their application. On the other hand, applications for the PhD should be submited before the deadline of May 15th 2019. Further details on how to apply can be found on the MSc in Economics and the PhD Economics sections on our website.
The MSc in Economics is a high quality programme designed to extend students’ capabilities in theoretical and empirical techniques needed to analyse real world economic problems. It also provides students with the chance to undertake independent research. The master’s, which is delivered entirely in English, attracts students from around the world. The programme has been accredited with Excellence by the Universities Council, which recognises outstanding achievements and performance. The programme also achieved the Additional Dimension of Internationalisation with the maximum score of Quality-level Compliant.
On the other hand, the PhD in Economics offers the opportunity to undertake research in a wide range of fields of economics. The programme is one of only a small number of doctoral programmes in Spain to have received the Quality Award for Research Excellence from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport, which acknowledges the quality and impact of the research carried out within the PhD framework.
- Department of Economics is hiring an Assistant Professor in the field of Public Economics
- The IEB offers scholarships for new PhD students at the UB School of Economics
- Faculty of Economics and Business at the UB ranked one of the best for Social Sciences & Management
- Montserrat Guillén and Alfonso Herranz win two ICREA Academia Awards
- Summer School will unravel the effects of market rivalry on growth with Duke and Barcelona professors
- IEB invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 8th Workshops on Public Economics and Political Economy
- MSc in Economics to offer Erasmus+ exchange opportunities with the Kyoto University from 2019/20
- Job market candidates from 2017/18 hold academic and research positions at institutions in Europe and America
- Former UB School of Economics researcher Marta Curto awarded prize for Best Journal Article