Barcelona Institute of Economics to calculate the tax gap in Catalonia
The Barcelona Institute of Economics (IEB) has been appointed by the Catalan Ministry of Economy to calculate the tax gap in Catalonia. The tax gap is the shortfall between the total amount of taxes expected and the sums actually received by a government. It allows countries to estimate the existing fiscal fraud and to quantify the performance of their tax administration. Not only will the Iinstitute assess the tax gap but they will also identity the reasons why it exists.
This project, which is worth 45,000 euros will be led byIEB researcher Alejandro Esteller. IEB Secretary-Manager José María Durán-Cabré, as well Mariona Mas and Luca Salvadori, two researchers from the aforementioned institution, will also support him. Furthermore, the multinational consulting firm Everis will also be involved as a subcontracted company.
Over the last few years, the IEB has believed in the use of the tax-gap to measure the performance of tax administrations. In fact, this idea was strongly defended by José María Durán-Cabré and Alejandro Esteller as they presented their book De nuestros impuestos y su administración in July 2015 at Barcelona Economic Circle.
More information HERE.
- 14 students to participate in an exchange programme through the MSc in Economics
- "Being part of a growing research group and university is very exciting and inspiring for my career"
- The AQR welcomes papers for the 4th Geography of Innovation Conference
- “There is a big variety of international students in the MSc in Economics which makes the interaction more interesting”
- Last week to apply to UB School of Economics Summer School on Economics of Education
- University of Barcelona continues upward trend in QS World University Rankings
- “Working at the University of Barcelona was one of my wishes when I decided to pursue an academic career”
- One month left to apply to the MSc in Economics at the UB School of Economics
- Careers Month at UB School of Economics closes 2017 edition with great success