UB School of Economics ranked amongst world’s top 200 institutions
The Universitat de Barcelona School of Economics has been ranked amongst the top 200 institutions in the world for Economics, according to the Shanghai Ranking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2017. Our institution has been placed in the 151-200 category globally, together with other major academic institutions, such as University of Illinois at Chicago, Free University Berlin and University College Dublin, among others.
The Shanghai Ranking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects lists more than 4.000 universities in 52 disciplines, grouped in five areas: Natural Sciences, Engineering, Life Sciences, Medical Sciences and Social Sciences. The indicators measured the amount of publications, the number of publications in high impact journals, the normalized citation impact, the extent of publications with international collaborations and the highest academic recognitions.
- Applications open for Post-Doctoral positions in Economics
- University of Paris-Saclay, University of Amsterdam and Catholic University of Milan announced as new Erasmus+ destinations for 2018/19
- MSc in Economics graduates of 2017 go on to do a PhD or take up positions in internationally renowned firms
- University of Barcelona stands out among the top 50 universities worldwide in scientific performance
- PhD graduates of 2016/17 find placements in academia and industry soon after their thesis defence
- Job Market candidates list for 2017/18 is now available on School of Economics website
- MSc in Economics student Gerard Domènech awarded Masters of Excellence grant from Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation
- Applications for graduate programme in Economics to open on November 1st 2017
- University of Barcelona improves positions in two important international rankings