University of Barcelona stands out among the top 50 universities worldwide in scientific performance
The University of Barcelona holds the 46th position worldwide in scientific performance, according to the University Ranking by Academic Performance 2017-2018 (URAP). Moreover, it is once more the only university of Spain to appear among the top fifty universities. No other Spanish university has either been awarded with the highest international category (A++). The University of Barcelona stands out particularly in indicators on the number of scientific publications and citations.
The leading institutions in URAP 2017-2018 are Harvard University (United States), University of Toronto (Canada), the University of Oxford (United Kingdom), Pierre and Marie Curie University – Paris 6 (France), and Stanford University (United States). In Spain, the University of Barcelona is followed by the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (129th), Universitat de València (210th), Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (220th) and Universidad Complutense de Madrid (225th).
The URAP was created by the Middle East Technical University (METU) in Turkey and assesses the scientific performance of academic institutions through different bibliometric indicators that refer to scientific performance, impact of research (citations) or the level of international collaboration, among others. In 2017-2018, this international ranking has evaluated a total of 2,500 university centers worldwide.
- MSc in Economics Student Cristian Navarro Serrano awarded “Masters of Excellence” scholarship from Fundació Catalunya-La Pedrera
- A closer look at the MSc in Economics class of 2020
- Call for papers announced for IEB-Chair of Energy Sustainability VII International Academic Symposium
- UB School of Economics launches new student ambassadors programme
- Summer School on Big Data for Economics gathers 32 participants from 14 countries
- MSc in Economics graduates celebrate their academic achievements at the graduation ceremony
- Call for papers for the 3rd Meeting on Transport Economics and Infrastructure is now open
- “Most of the research can’t be done by universities because we can’t access the data”
- AQR-IREA invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 2018 Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics