The University of Barcelona climbs 15 places in the QS World University Rankings
The University of Barcelona has again improved its position in the prestigious QS World University Rankings. Our institution has been ranked the 168th best university in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2022 after climbing 15 places among more than 1,600 higher education institutions. Last year, it reached the 183rd position.
With this result, the UB is listed among the top 13% universities worldwide, tanking 55th in Europe, and #1 in Spain where it is followed by the Autonomous University of Madrid (207), the Autonomous University of Barcelona (209), the Complutense University of Madrid (223), Pompeu Fabra University (248), and the University of Navarra (266).
Following the indictors, the University of Barcelona stands out in academic reputation, where it holds the 87th position worldwide. Apart from assessing this aspect, which accounts for the 40%, the QS World University Rankings assesses the employer reputation, accounting for a 10%, the citations per faculty (20%), the faculty/student ratio (20%), the international faculty ratio (5%) and the international student ratio (5%). The UB has significantly improved in the indicator of citations per faculty, where it has climbed 103 positions.
According to the QS World University Rankings 2022, the top universities worldwide are, in this order, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), the University of Oxford, and the Stanford University that share the same position with Cambridge University.
- UB School of Economics is recruiting three tenure-elegible lecturers
- The UB School of Economics joins the European Researchers’ Night 2021
- Call for papers for the 4th Meeting on Transport Economics and Infrastructure
- Summer Crash Course on Ecological & Feminist Macroeconomics
- Call for papers open for the 2021 European Winter Meeting of the Econometric Society
- The issue with the Spanish pensions: a contributive and redistributive system
- The impact of the Spanish flu on the returns to labour and capital in Spain
- Call for the 2nd SAE PhD School in Economics
- Researcher Ana Moragues Faus, responsible of the sustainable food manual of Barcelona City Council