The University of Barcelona climbs 15 places in the QS World University Rankings
The University of Barcelona has again improved its position in the prestigious QS World University Rankings. Our institution has been ranked the 168th best university in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2022 after climbing 15 places among more than 1,600 higher education institutions. Last year, it reached the 183rd position.
With this result, the UB is listed among the top 13% universities worldwide, tanking 55th in Europe, and #1 in Spain where it is followed by the Autonomous University of Madrid (207), the Autonomous University of Barcelona (209), the Complutense University of Madrid (223), Pompeu Fabra University (248), and the University of Navarra (266).
Following the indictors, the University of Barcelona stands out in academic reputation, where it holds the 87th position worldwide. Apart from assessing this aspect, which accounts for the 40%, the QS World University Rankings assesses the employer reputation, accounting for a 10%, the citations per faculty (20%), the faculty/student ratio (20%), the international faculty ratio (5%) and the international student ratio (5%). The UB has significantly improved in the indicator of citations per faculty, where it has climbed 103 positions.
According to the QS World University Rankings 2022, the top universities worldwide are, in this order, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), the University of Oxford, and the Stanford University that share the same position with Cambridge University.
- Researcher Ana Moragues Faus, responsible of the sustainable food manual of Barcelona City Council
- The University of Barcelona climbs 15 places in the QS World University Rankings
- Call for papers open for the Simposio de la Asociación Española de Economía-Spanish Economic Association (SAEe)
- 4 researchers lead projects of the “Pandèmies 2020” call to study the effects of COVID-19
- Online Summer Crash Course “Ecological and Feminist Macroeconomics”
- Drawing your career path at the UB School of Economics
- Last days to apply to the MSc in Economics
- The UB School of Economics hosts three major events in the field of economics simultaneously
- Five UB School of Economics PhD students awarded SEBAP mobility grants