In a world becoming more and more interdependent at a regional and global level, international cooperation projects are growing in importance. Besides governmental strategies of cultura diplomacy, many actors are deciding to take part in networks, to co-produce projects or to give an international dimension to their programmes. The philosophy of the course, based on respecting the contributions and values of others, wants to be a reference for professionals from Europe, Latin America and other parts of the world with regard to the planning of sustainable cultural cooperation projects.
The programme has counted on the participation of some of the most renowned experts and institutions within the cultural sector worldwide, ranging from the UNESCO to the International Labour Organization, the Inter-American Development Bank, the Organization of Ibero-American States or European and international agencies for cultural dissemination or development aid.
Among the objectives of the course are:
- Fostering real and effective projects of cultural cooperation among different countries.
- Transferring knowledge and skills to design and implement cooperation projects for cultural development at international level.
- Contributing to mutual enrichment and knowledge, starting from the comparison of realities and projects among different regions.
The course is held in Barcelona, one of the most attractive, lively and interesting Mediterranean capitals at present, givig participants the chance to know first-hand some of the initatives and innovations in the field of cultural management, as well as to enjoy the art and culture of the Catalan capital.
Finally, if deciding to continue in education, upon course completion students have the possibility to:
A) ENTER DIRECTLY to the second year of the Master degree in Management of Cultural Institutions and Companies.
B) PURSUE common modules by validation (Conceptual foundations; Strategic Planning; Introduction to Resource Management) in the following postgraduate degrees: “Design of Cultural Projects”, “Creative Territories and Cultural Tourism” or “Performing arts and Festivals Production and Management”..
- Number of ECTS credits: 30
- Format: blended (distance-learning and three weeks on campus)
- Language: Spanish (focus on Ibero-American dimension) and English (international version). In both cases, students can present their final project in Catalan, Spanish, French, English, Italian and Portuguese)
- Duration: 1 academic year
- Academic access requirements: University graduates and participants without academic qualifications. These latter receive a University Extension Diploma.
- Cost: 3.850€ (payment method: 10% to reserve the course place; 40% before starting the course; two fees of 25% during the course)
- Career prospects: Cultural managers specialized in international projects on cultural cooperation and management.