In a world becoming more and more interdependent at a regional and global level, international cooperation projects are growing in importance. Besides governmental strategies of cultural diplomacy, many actors are deciding to take part in networks, to co-produce projects or to give an international dimension to their programmes. Our philosophy is aligned with UNESCO values and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of Agenda 2030 and wishes to be respectful of local contributions and support for interculturality. The course aims to be a reference for professionals from Europe, Latin America and other parts of the world with regard to the planning of sustainable cultural cooperation projects.
The programme, with 25 years of experience, has counted on the participation of some of the most renowned experts and institutions within the cultural sector worldwide (UNESCO, the International Labour Organization, the Inter-American Development Bank, the Organization of Ibero-American States), European and international agencies for cultural dissemination or development aid (AECID, foreign culture institutes), as well as relevant members of the European and Latin American cultural networks.
The training combines the best innovative dynamics of distance learning, with the invaluable moments of exchange, meeting and shared knowledge offered during the face-to-face weeks. The course is structured around seven training modules that are taught in various formats: face-to-face classes, online discussions, units with updated resources and materials, meetings with international professionals, visits to specialized venues, simulation exercises, group and individual sessions with advisors, horizontal conversations, among others. The maximum interaction with professionals from around the world is sought, in a more inclusive, horizontal and multidisciplinary format possible. The program combines theory and practice, in a transversal perspective that allows analysing and facing the present and future challenges of international cultural cooperation.
Among the objectives of the course are:
- Fostering real and effective projects of cultural cooperation among different countries.
- Transferring knowledge and skills to design and implement cooperation projects for cultural development at international level.
- Contributing to mutual enrichment and knowledge, starting from the comparison of realities and projects among different regions.
- Deepening the conceptual themes of the program, analysing practical instruments to design and develop international cultural cooperation projects, broadening visions and contacts through exchanges with professionals working in different disciplines, contexts and countries, are some of the transversal objectives of the postgraduate program.
The course is held in Barcelona, one of the most attractive, lively and interesting Mediterranean capitals at present, givig participants the chance to know first-hand some of the initatives and innovations in the field of cultural management, as well as to enjoy the art and culture of the Catalan capital.
Finally, if deciding to continue in education, upon course completion students have the possibility to PURSUE common modules by validation (Conceptual foundations; Strategic Planning; Introduction to Resource Management) in the postgraduate degrees “Performing arts and Festivals Production and Management”..
- Number of ECTS credits: 30
- Format: blended (distance-learning and three weeks on campus)
- Language: Spanish. The students can present their final project in Catalan, Spanish, French, English, Italian and Portuguese)
- Duration: 1 academic year
- Academic access requirements: University graduates and participants without academic qualifications. The latter obtain a higher university diploma.
- Cost: 4.150€ (more € 70 as administration fee)
- Career prospects: Cultural managers specialized in international projects on cultural cooperation and management.