Catalan Spanish Temporary visiting students Home OMPI Home UB
Studying temporarily at the UB
Studying temporarily
Further Information:

Before arriving at the UB

Accommodation and living in Barcelona

Medical, accidents and repatriation insurance

Legal procedures

Accommodation and living in Barcelona

The Barcelona University Centre (BCU) provides the information you need to know to live and to study in Barcelona: how to get to Barcelona, cost of living, climate, moving about the city or services for the university community.

Address: Torrent de l'Olla st., 219 - 08012 Barcelona
Phone: (+34) 932 389 049 - Fax: (+34) 932 289 259
Web: - E-mail:

To avoid fraud and scams, it is convenient to manage the contracting of accommodation services through BCU, which provides a guarantee of quality and safety in their housing offer.

Medical, accidents and repatriation Insurance

All international students must take out medical, accident and repatriation, insurance for their stay at the UB.

Medical coverage:

  • Students from countries that are members of the European Economic Area (European Union countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and who are entitled to Social Security benefit in their own country should present their European health insurance card. The form for this card is issued by your country's public health authorities and entitles you to medical care in Spain.
  • Students from countries outside the European Economic Area should establish whether there is a medical agreement between the social security system in their country and in Spain. If there is one, you should request the relevant document from the health authorities in your country. This document will entitle you to medical care in Spain.
  • Students who are not in any of the above assumptions will have to hire a private medical insurance that covers your stay at the University of Barcelona. You will have to request a document from your insurer, in English, Spanish or Catalan, stating such coverage.

Accidents and repatriation coverage:

All students must prove an insurance that covers accidents and repatriation. It can be taken out at the home country at individual level or by the home institution. You will have to request a document from your insurer, in English, Spanish or Catalan, stating such coverage.

In any case, you have the option of purchasing one with the insurance company that has signed an agreement with the UB: Ferrer&Ojeda Asociados Correduría de Seguros, S.L.

On your arrival at the UB, you will be requested to submit a copy of your insurance.

Legal procedures

For information: